    Mike Guest

    Can you tell me step by step how to add DDRAW.DLL to
    Component Services using MMC.
    Mike, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Mike

    POP3 .NET Guest

    STEP 1 : post this message elsewhere
    STEP 2 : goto STEP 1
    POP3 .NET, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Mike

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >STEP 1 : post this message elsewhere
    >STEP 2 : goto STEP 1

    I see the potential for an endless loop here!
    Kline Sphere, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Mike

    Guest Guest

    Because you studied!

    Guest, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Mike

    POP3 .NET Guest

    lol !
    POP3 .NET, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Mike

    Paul Robson Guest

    Kline Sphere wrote:
    >>STEP 1 : post this message elsewhere
    >>STEP 2 : goto STEP 1

    > I see the potential for an endless loop here!

    If the elsewhere runs the same thread it'll be a recursive as well :)
    Paul Robson, Nov 25, 2003
  7. Mike

    Lorne Smith Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Can you tell me step by step how to add DDRAW.DLL to
    > Component Services using MMC.

    Someone's been yanking your chain mate.. And it was probably because you
    posted a question completely OT to the newsgroup... Go ask in the DirectX
    newsgroups...

    Lorne
    Lorne Smith, Nov 25, 2003
  8. Mike wrote:

    > Can you tell me step by step how to add DDRAW.DLL to
    > Component Services using MMC.

    Yes, of course.

    1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->
    Component Services.
    2. Select Computers -> My Computer -> COM+ Applications.
    3. Right-click COM+ Applications, select New -> Application and go from
    there.

    Hope this helps, and thanks for choosing .NET!
    General Protection Fault, Nov 25, 2003
  9. Mike

    POP3 .NET Guest

    GPF we should build a statue for you ;-)
    POP3 .NET, Nov 25, 2003
  10. Mike

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >>>STEP 1 : post this message elsewhere
    >>>STEP 2 : goto STEP 1

    >> I see the potential for an endless loop here!

    >If the elsewhere runs the same thread it'll be a recursive as well :)

    Good point.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 25, 2003
  11. POP3 .NET wrote:

    > GPF we should build a statue for you ;-)

    Aww, shucks. I'm just doing my best to help the .NET developer community.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 25, 2003
  12. Mike

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> GPF we should build a statue for you ;-)
    >
    >Aww, shucks. I'm just doing my best to help the .NET developer community.

    Every thought about applying for mcngp membership?
    Kline Sphere, Nov 25, 2003
  13. Kline Sphere wrote:

    >>>GPF we should build a statue for you ;-)

    >>Aww, shucks. I'm just doing my best to help the .NET developer community.

    > Every thought about applying for mcngp membership?

    I am a member. Or was. I forget. I cleaned up my memberships last
    week and might have signed off.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 25, 2003
  14. Mike

    Consultant Guest

    hmmm

    "General Protection Fault" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Consultant, Nov 25, 2003
  15. Mike

    Guest Guest

    Don't forget to specify a proper account with permissions
    otherwise your DDRAW.DLL will not work unless you are
    logged in!

    Guest, Nov 28, 2003
  16. Mike

    Guest Guest

    Mike - you probably need to install DirectX.

    You can get it from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx
    or
    Try the "Windows Update" link in your start bar and look
    for DirectX in the list of updates.

    Either way you are posting in the wrong forum to get
    proper answers. I would suggest you search for "DirectX
    forums" on the internet and post any further questions
    there.
    Guest, Nov 28, 2003
  17. wrote:

    > Don't forget to specify a proper account with permissions
    > otherwise your DDRAW.DLL will not work unless you are
    > logged in!

    Shoot, you're right. I would create a separate account called
    I_USRDIRECTX for this.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 28, 2003