STB Tuner/Video Caputure Help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mark & Denise, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. I found in my computer parts box a STB Systems card, that looks like it is a
    tv tuner/video capture card.
    It has a coxial jack, a 3.5mm headphone-style jack, what appears to be a dc
    connection jack that would accept a barrell type DC adaptor hookup, s-video
    jack, and composite video rca jack. It is copyright 1996 by STB Systems. The
    tuner box on the card says Temic Front End 4032 FY5 on it. It also has a Bt
    Bt848kpf chip on it, and two connections for cd-audio cable, that might have
    been a convience connection, when soundcards just had one cd-audio input. As
    one is CD IN, and the other is AUDIO OUT.
    The stickers on back say:
    Sticker #1:
    210-0242-001 (Also imprinted on circuit board on back)

    Sticker #2:
    STB Systems Inc. Model Number
    FCC Tested to Comply with FCC Standards
    For Home or Office Use Only

    Sticker #3:
    1x0-0451-001
    18 43/1996 4T0(larger and bolder type)

    Can anyone tell me exactly what this is, and what it's purpose is? Is it ISA
    or PCI? It looks PCI to me, but I haven't plugged it into my computer yet.
    And where I might find drivers for it? STB was bought by the now-defunct
    3dFx.

    Thank you all,
    Mark
    Mark & Denise, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Mark & Denise

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Mark & Denise" <m*a*r*k*d*r*w*e*b*S*P*A*M*@m*c*h*s*i*.*c*o*m*> wrote
    in message news:D6fNc.193310$XM6.2276@attbi_s53
    >| I found in my computer parts box a STB Systems card, that looks like
    >| it is a tv tuner/video capture card.
    >| It has a coxial jack, a 3.5mm headphone-style jack, what appears to
    >| be a dc connection jack that would accept a barrell type DC adaptor
    >| hookup, s-video jack, and composite video rca jack. It is copyright
    >| 1996 by STB Systems. The tuner box on the card says Temic Front End
    >| 4032 FY5 on it. It also has a Bt Bt848kpf chip on it, and two
    >| connections for cd-audio cable, that might have been a convience
    >| connection, when soundcards just had one cd-audio input. As one is
    >| CD IN, and the other is AUDIO OUT.
    >| The stickers on back say:
    >| Sticker #1:
    >| 210-0242-001 (Also imprinted on circuit board on back)
    >|
    >| Sticker #2:
    >| STB Systems Inc. Model Number
    >| FCC Tested to Comply with FCC Standards
    >| For Home or Office Use Only
    >|
    >| Sticker #3:
    >| 1x0-0451-001
    >| 18 43/1996 4T0(larger and bolder type)
    >|
    >| Can anyone tell me exactly what this is, and what it's purpose is?
    >| Is it ISA or PCI? It looks PCI to me, but I haven't plugged it into
    >| my computer yet. And where I might find drivers for it? STB was
    >| bought by the now-defunct 3dFx.
    >|
    >| Thank you all,
    >| Mark

    I have a couple more for you if you want them <g>! I have been totally
    unable to find drivers for these for XP: I don't believe this card was
    supported beyond W98.

    It is a TV Tuner card that with the proper software can display TV in a
    window or full screen on your computer. An old (1997) Toshiba model 7231
    computer that I had used it. Mine had FM radio as well. Since then, I've ran
    across two or three others...which are still as you said "found in my
    computer parts box".

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Mark & Denise

    Pen Guest

    Don't know if this is helpful, but 3dfx was merged
    into nVidia. However, I did find these;
    http://www.video-drivers.com/companies/988.htm
    http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/125/125083.htm

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > "Mark & Denise" <m*a*r*k*d*r*w*e*b*S*P*A*M*@m*c*h*s*i*.*c*o*m*>

    wrote
    > in message news:D6fNc.193310$XM6.2276@attbi_s53
    > >| I found in my computer parts box a STB Systems card, that

    looks like
    > >| it is a tv tuner/video capture card.
    > >| It has a coxial jack, a 3.5mm headphone-style jack, what

    appears to
    > >| be a dc connection jack that would accept a barrell type DC

    adaptor
    > >| hookup, s-video jack, and composite video rca jack. It is

    copyright
    > >| 1996 by STB Systems. The tuner box on the card says Temic

    Front End
    > >| 4032 FY5 on it. It also has a Bt Bt848kpf chip on it, and

    two
    > >| connections for cd-audio cable, that might have been a

    convience
    > >| connection, when soundcards just had one cd-audio input. As

    one is
    > >| CD IN, and the other is AUDIO OUT.
    > >| The stickers on back say:
    > >| Sticker #1:
    > >| 210-0242-001 (Also imprinted on circuit board on back)
    > >|
    > >| Sticker #2:
    > >| STB Systems Inc. Model Number
    > >| FCC Tested to Comply with FCC Standards
    > >| For Home or Office Use Only
    > >|
    > >| Sticker #3:
    > >| 1x0-0451-001
    > >| 18 43/1996 4T0(larger and bolder type)
    > >|
    > >| Can anyone tell me exactly what this is, and what it's

    purpose is?
    > >| Is it ISA or PCI? It looks PCI to me, but I haven't plugged

    it into
    > >| my computer yet. And where I might find drivers for it? STB

    was
    > >| bought by the now-defunct 3dFx.
    > >|
    > >| Thank you all,
    > >| Mark

    > I have a couple more for you if you want them <g>! I have been

    totally
    > unable to find drivers for these for XP: I don't believe this

    card was
    > supported beyond W98.
    >
    > It is a TV Tuner card that with the proper software can display

    TV in a
    > window or full screen on your computer. An old (1997) Toshiba

    model 7231
    > computer that I had used it. Mine had FM radio as well. Since

    then, I've ran
    > across two or three others...which are still as you said "found

    in my
    > computer parts box".
    >
    > --
    > "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go

    where

    Pen, Jul 27, 2004
  4. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Mark & Denise" <m*a*r*k*d*r*w*e*b*S*P*A*M*@m*c*h*s*i*.*c*o*m*> wrote
    > in message news:D6fNc.193310$XM6.2276@attbi_s53
    >
    >>| I found in my computer parts box a STB Systems card, that looks like
    >>| it is a tv tuner/video capture card.
    >>| It has a coxial jack, a 3.5mm headphone-style jack, what appears to
    >>| be a dc connection jack that would accept a barrell type DC adaptor
    >>| hookup, s-video jack, and composite video rca jack. It is copyright
    >>| 1996 by STB Systems. The tuner box on the card says Temic Front End
    >>| 4032 FY5 on it. It also has a Bt Bt848kpf chip on it, and two
    >>| connections for cd-audio cable, that might have been a convience
    >>| connection, when soundcards just had one cd-audio input. As one is
    >>| CD IN, and the other is AUDIO OUT.
    >>| The stickers on back say:
    >>| Sticker #1:
    >>| 210-0242-001 (Also imprinted on circuit board on back)
    >>|
    >>| Sticker #2:
    >>| STB Systems Inc. Model Number
    >>| FCC Tested to Comply with FCC Standards
    >>| For Home or Office Use Only
    >>|
    >>| Sticker #3:
    >>| 1x0-0451-001
    >>| 18 43/1996 4T0(larger and bolder type)
    >>|
    >>| Can anyone tell me exactly what this is, and what it's purpose is?
    >>| Is it ISA or PCI? It looks PCI to me, but I haven't plugged it into
    >>| my computer yet. And where I might find drivers for it? STB was
    >>| bought by the now-defunct 3dFx.
    >>|
    >>| Thank you all,
    >>| Mark

    > I have a couple more for you if you want them <g>!

    I'll take them. I'm putting together some old computers for people who
    don't have much money and they'd be fine in there as they'll be win98
    systems anyway.

    David Maynard, Jul 27, 2004