Status bar on browser page

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by james @uvvm.uuic.ca, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
    pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.
    james @uvvm.uuic.ca, Sep 6, 2009

  2. In article <>,
    <james @uvvm.uuic.ca> wrote:
    >For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
    >pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

    My 2 cents. Try Firefox - IE anything is floppy.

    (although Chrome is faster)

    --
    Master of Puppets - Burkina Faso Hellraisers - www.thescambaiter.com
    DENSA Life Achievement ø Am I the only one with half a brain?
    Mad as a Box of Frogs, Sep 6, 2009

  3. james @uvvm.uuic.ca

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 01:13:26 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >james @uvvm.uuic.ca wrote:
    >> For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
    >> pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

    >For years I've not seen my ex-wife. All is well.

    Funny how that works with exes. LOL

    --
    * Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
    * AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts
    Mara, Sep 6, 2009
  4. james @uvvm.uuic.ca

    Stubbo of Oz Guest

    On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 21:51:19 -0700, james @uvvm.uuic.ca wrote:

    >For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
    >pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

    Go to "View" menu

    If your menu bar is not showing then tap ALT

    Then select Toolbars | Status Bar

    --
    ----------------
    Stubbo of Oz
    Stubbo of Oz, Sep 6, 2009
  5. james @uvvm.uuic.ca

    chuckcar Guest

    james @uvvm.uuic.ca wrote in

    > For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
    > pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

    What you mean like the address bar *always* displays it, or do you mean
    the temporary display that happens on the border when you hover over a
    link?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 6, 2009