Stats on bandwidth utilization by port needed

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by 1, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. 1

    1 Guest

    Hello:

    With a 3620 w/ T-1 wic to internet --

    We're looking to get stats by port as a
    percentage of total bandwidth used for our internet connection ;
    (e.g. last week 38% of all incoming traffic was to port 25 at IP address x.x.x.x etc.)

    Other stats examples we're looking for:

    X% incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x

    X number total bps incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x

    X% total bandwith used for the T-1 on a specific day was incoming traffic on port 25 to IP
    x.x.x.x

    X% total bandwith used for the T-1 was outgoing traffic on port 443 to IP x.x.x.x

    X number bps for the week was outgoing traffic on port 21 to all IP addresses
    total

    etc.

    What are some good products for this?
    Thanks
    1, Dec 2, 2003

  2. 1

    Martin Snell Guest

    Hi there,

    What you need is a test set.

    If you send me an email directly, I can give you a quote for one and know
    that you are seriously interested. I can also answer any questions you may
    have. Hope this helps.

    Martin Snell
    Wanforce Technologies, Inc.

    Martin Snell, Dec 3, 2003

  3. (1) wrote in message news:<bqj221$hkh$>...
    > Hello:
    >
    > With a 3620 w/ T-1 wic to internet --
    >
    > We're looking to get stats by port as a
    > percentage of total bandwidth used for our internet connection ;
    > (e.g. last week 38% of all incoming traffic was to port 25 at IP address x.x.x.x etc.)
    >
    > Other stats examples we're looking for:
    >
    > X% incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x
    >
    > X number total bps incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x
    >
    > X% total bandwith used for the T-1 on a specific day was incoming traffic on port 25 to IP
    > x.x.x.x
    >
    > X% total bandwith used for the T-1 was outgoing traffic on port 443 to IP x.x.x.x
    >
    > X number bps for the week was outgoing traffic on port 21 to all IP addresses
    > total
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > What are some good products for this?
    > Thanks

    Take a look at MRTG (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/)
    for basic traffic stats. Get the RRDTool stuff as well. Then enable
    NetFlow on your routers and use Flowscan and CUFlow to analyze your
    flows. You can then take it a step further by sending your flow data
    to RRDTool for graphing (http://www.linuxgeek.org/netflow-howto.php)

    Cheers,
    Spencer
    Spencer Teran, Dec 13, 2003