    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm
    Curt Christianson, Sep 12, 2007

  2. In most cases if this is desktop at home, it doesn't matter. if it laptop and may carry out, I would setup dynamic IP so that you can access any public wireless without changing the settings. this how to may help.

    How to setup tcp/ipHow to setup TCP/IP in Windows 2000. Requirements:. The Client for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP components should be installed. ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/setuptcpip1.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Curt Christianson" <> wrote in message news:eQ$...
    Good day all,

    I'm new to wireless networking, and try as I might, I can't find an answer
    to this question. I suspect it is a ridiculously easy question.

    I'm accessing the Internet via a D-Link wireless router (WBR-2310) and the
    "matching" wireless USB NIC (WUA-2340).

    Everything is working fine . I currently have my connection configured to
    use a static IP address. Should I have it set for a Dynamic IP address
    instead? How do I (or anyone for that matter) know whether to config as
    static or dynamic?

    If this has been asked a great deal, I apologize for not finding it.

    --
    TIA,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Sep 12, 2007

  3. Thank you Bob.

    --
    HTH,

    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    http://www.HowToNetworking.com

    Curt Christianson, Sep 12, 2007
  4. Thanks Jack. You guys are great in this NG. I knew the answer was out
    there, but where?--RIGHT HERE.

    Curt Christianson, Sep 12, 2007
  5. Hi
    Functionally it does not matter it works the same with either.
    Which one (static or dynamic) to use? It is a topology decision.
    As an example, if you have a Network printer, or network storage (NAS, or a

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 12, 2007