    mucking around, it has taken over a week already. Paradise used to be much
    better.

    Alan

    Alan, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Yeah, I know I could stay with a dynamic IP and muck around with dyndns or
    similar - but why should I? I went to Paradise partly because they were
    happy to hand out static IPs. I guess I'll keep plugging away and see what
    happens.

    Alan

    "tim" <tim-j@[spam]operamail.com> wrote in message
    > firstly, do u really really require a static IP?
    >
    > anyway yeah sounds painful to go thru ISP helpdesk and then thru Telecom's
    > helpdesk. Maybe they are just being hard cause static IP's get abused or
    > because it is work for them? guys?
    >
    > far to much expenditure of energy for getting a static IP... any info at
    > your ISP's website, newsgroup, etc?
    >

    > "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm trying to get a static IP set up on my Paradise Jetstream 1000 a/c.

    > It's
    > > already taken 3 calls to the help desk and now they've redirected me to
    > > Telecom - apparently they have to make the change. Does anyone know if

    > this
    > > is normally required? I was also told by Paradise that a static IP is

    free
    > > on full-speed Jetstream accounts, but have just now been told to let
    > > Paradise's accounts dept. know when Telecom make the change. I'm waiting

    > > hear back on whether there is going to be a charge after all (I'll be

    > really
    > > pissed off) - does anyone have any thoughts? I'm getting tired of all

    this

    Alan, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Alan

    tim Guest

    > but why should I?

    because they are suppose to work.... tho I will not tell you that. Either
    that means I am not in the loop or they really don't work that well..

    tim, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Alan

    Andrew Guest

    If you dont have much luck try http://www.no-ip.com/ - You can sign up and
    use your "handle" and have say.. alan.no-ip.com with that address set, then
    your IP address can change and you will always just be able to use
    alan.no-ip.com

    Andrew, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Alan

    m00se Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > I'm trying to get a static IP set up on my Paradise Jetstream 1000 a/c. It's
    > already taken 3 calls to the help desk and now they've redirected me to
    > Telecom - apparently they have to make the change.

    Ring Paradise once again, and request to speak to someone with a clue.

    Its a radius attribute, not a telecom thing at all.

    m00se, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Alan

    Rob King Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to get a static IP set up on my Paradise Jetstream 1000 a/c.

    It's
    > already taken 3 calls to the help desk and now they've redirected me to
    > Telecom - apparently they have to make the change. Does anyone know if

    this
    > is normally required? I was also told by Paradise that a static IP is free
    > on full-speed Jetstream accounts, but have just now been told to let
    > Paradise's accounts dept. know when Telecom make the change. I'm waiting

    > hear back on whether there is going to be a charge after all (I'll be

    really
    > pissed off) - does anyone have any thoughts? I'm getting tired of all this
    > mucking around, it has taken over a week already. Paradise used to be much
    > better.

    I just sent an email to (yeah don't ask me why the
    webmaster) and they did it overnight.

    Rob King, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Alan

    Rob King Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, I know I could stay with a dynamic IP and muck around with dyndns or
    > similar - but why should I? I went to Paradise partly because they were
    > happy to hand out static IPs. I guess I'll keep plugging away and see what
    > happens.

    You could leave your connection always on and that should retain the IP
    address. I think ISPs generally use a 4 day TTL, yes/no anyone?

    Rob King, Sep 1, 2003
  8. Alan

    Rob King Guest

    "m00se" <> wrote in message
    > Alan wrote:
    > > I'm trying to get a static IP set up on my Paradise Jetstream 1000 a/c.

    It's
    > > already taken 3 calls to the help desk and now they've redirected me to
    > > Telecom - apparently they have to make the change.

    > Ring Paradise once again, and request to speak to someone with a clue.

    Oooh do they still have those people at Paradise? ;-)

    Rob King, Sep 1, 2003
  9. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Interesting - my connection is always on and according to my logs my IP
    still seems to change every 24 hours or so.

    Alan, Sep 1, 2003
  10. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Just to follow-up; I followed Rob's advice and sent another email to the
    address asking for a change to a static IP. It
    appears to have been done. I can leave the circus.

    Thanks to all who replied.

    Alan

    Alan, Sep 2, 2003
  11. Err.. something must be happening on your line durig that time? Alarm
    calling out? Fridge or large electrical device turning on or alike.

    Thanks
    Craig

    Craig Whitmore, Sep 3, 2003