    Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

    "People should take responsibility for their actions"

    - (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F, it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...
    Fred Dagg, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Fred Dagg

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > Do Orcon provide static IPs?
    >
    > Their helldesk said they don't do static IPs on anything, and you
    > can't even pay extra for them, but I've got a feeling I talked to a
    > n00b and he was only guessing.
    >
    > Does anyone here know?

    Yep I'm with ORCON I seem to have had the same IP address since I
    changed from dial up to there ADSL offerings officialy it is not a
    static IP so with bated breth I am wating for the IP change....

    Robert Cooze, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Fred Dagg

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    Fred Dagg <> wrote:

    > Do Orcon provide static IPs?
    >
    > Their helldesk said they don't do static IPs on anything, and you
    > can't even pay extra for them, but I've got a feeling I talked to a
    > n00b and he was only guessing.
    >
    > Does anyone here know?

    www.dyndns.org
    Achieves the same thing for the majority of purposes
    whoisthis, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Fred Dagg

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:
    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> Do Orcon provide static IPs?
    >>
    >> Their helldesk said they don't do static IPs on anything, and you
    >> can't even pay extra for them, but I've got a feeling I talked to a
    >> n00b and he was only guessing.
    >>
    >> Does anyone here know?
    >>

    > Yep I'm with ORCON I seem to have had the same IP address since I
    > changed from dial up to there ADSL offerings officialy it is not a
    > static IP so with bated breth I am wating for the IP change....

    Same here - Orcon can't advertise (and don't guarantee) that IP
    addresses on some of their plans are static, but mine has never changed
    (Advance 40).
    -=rjh=-, Feb 16, 2007
  5. Fred Dagg

    Chris Hope Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:

    > Robert Cooze wrote:
    >> Fred Dagg wrote:
    >>> Do Orcon provide static IPs?
    >>>
    >>> Their helldesk said they don't do static IPs on anything, and you
    >>> can't even pay extra for them, but I've got a feeling I talked to a
    >>> n00b and he was only guessing.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone here know?
    >>>

    >> Yep I'm with ORCON I seem to have had the same IP address since I
    >> changed from dial up to there ADSL offerings officialy it is not a
    >> static IP so with bated breth I am wating for the IP change....

    > Same here - Orcon can't advertise (and don't guarantee) that IP
    > addresses on some of their plans are static, but mine has never
    > changed (Advance 40).

    And same here too. I've only ever had two IP addresses with them in 2
    years and the only reason it changed was when I moved house.

    Chris Hope, Feb 16, 2007
  6. Fred Dagg

    EMB Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > Do Orcon provide static IPs?
    >
    > Their helldesk said they don't do static IPs on anything, and you
    > can't even pay extra for them, but I've got a feeling I talked to a
    > n00b and he was only guessing.
    >
    > Does anyone here know?

    They used to provide them - the 2 I got set up about 3 years ago have
    been static the whole time.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Feb 16, 2007
  7. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:48:36 +1300, Chris Hope
    <> exclaimed:

    >-=rjh=- wrote:
    >
    >> Robert Cooze wrote:

    >>> Yep I'm with ORCON I seem to have had the same IP address since I
    >>> changed from dial up to there ADSL offerings officialy it is not a
    >>> static IP so with bated breth I am wating for the IP change....

    >> Same here - Orcon can't advertise (and don't guarantee) that IP
    >> addresses on some of their plans are static, but mine has never
    >> changed (Advance 40).

    >And same here too. I've only ever had two IP addresses with them in 2
    >years and the only reason it changed was when I moved house.

    Awesome, thanks guys.

    Fred Dagg, Feb 16, 2007
  8. Fred Dagg

    Zipper Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > Do Orcon provide static IPs?
    >
    > Their helldesk said they don't do static IPs on anything, and you
    > can't even pay extra for them, but I've got a feeling I talked to a
    > n00b and he was only guessing.
    >
    > Does anyone here know?

    Yes, they are static.
    Zipper, Feb 18, 2007
  9. Fred Dagg

    Guest

    On Feb 17, 12:08 am, Fred Dagg <> wrote:
    > DoOrconprovide static IPs?

    Just to clarify:

    We do not guarantee that your IP is static, and reserve the right to
    change it without notice. However, you are assigned an IP address and
    it is very unlikely that this will change. There are a couple of
    situations where your IP may change (for instance if you change plan).
    For most peoples purposes the IP address will be static (i.e. so long
    as it is a mission critical if your IP was to change you should be
    fine).

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers,
    Duncan Blair
    Marketing Manager
    Orcon Internet
    , Feb 20, 2007
  10. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 19 Feb 2007 16:10:49 -0800, exclaimed:

    >On Feb 17, 12:08 am, Fred Dagg <> wrote:
    >> DoOrconprovide static IPs?
    >>

    >Just to clarify:
    >
    >We do not guarantee that your IP is static, and reserve the right to
    >change it without notice. However, you are assigned an IP address and
    >it is very unlikely that this will change. There are a couple of
    >situations where your IP may change (for instance if you change plan).
    >For most peoples purposes the IP address will be static (i.e. so long
    >as it is a mission critical if your IP was to change you should be
    >fine).
    >
    >Hope this helps.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Duncan Blair