Static IP adress for adhoc nw is not configured / shows not in "ifconfig /all" !

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by wolfi@psi.co.at, May 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,
    I am using intel proset to configure my laptop's wlan card.

    As long as I am connecting TO an network, this works fine - I set dhcp
    and the laptop will connect to any network and it works. ipconfig will
    show me all the details correctly.

    Now I want to set up an ad hoc connection between the laptop and
    another pc - therefore I configured an adhoc nw with intel proset and
    configured a static 192.168.0.1 ip-address.
    BUT: IP-Config will not show me that the ipaddress for the wlan card is
    configured.
    It only shows: Media state: not connected (but I siad "Connect" on
    intel proset!)

    Any help is very much appreciated - I am feeling really a bit stupid by
    not being able to bring thi to work.

    Best regards,
    Wolfgang

    , May 13, 2006

  2. Pavel A. Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > BUT: IP-Config will not show me that the ipaddress for the wlan card is
    > configured.
    > It only shows: Media state: not connected (but I siad "Connect" on
    > intel proset!)

    This is ok. WLAN cards will show media disconnected until the peer joins the network.
    Then you'll see it connected and ipconfig will show the address.
    --PA

    Pavel A., May 15, 2006