    change the IP, I get an error that the "interface address is not on
    the same subnet as the DHCP pool." Any suggestions would be extremely
    helpful. Thank You! Dan

    Dan Nelson, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Dan Nelson

    PES Guest

    Remove the dhcp pool first.

    PES, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Dan Nelson

    Guest Guest

    First, get a new vendor, someone who knows what they are doing. Then let
    them configure the PIX.
    Second, why to you have to use a public address on the inside interface?

    Guest, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Dan Nelson

    mat_charles

    Joined:
    May 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    PIx 506 config

    The internal IP on ethernet1 has to be a non-routable IP something in the range of 192.168.0.0, 10.0.0.0, or 172.16.0.0. Whatever address you assign to ether1 becomes the internal gateway address for your network. There is no way to assign an ip outside those ranges. It would create a conflict with ethernet0 (the public interface.

    mat_charles, May 15, 2006