    arrangements of the interfaces to no avail. What would be the propper
    command to get this working?

    , Feb 22, 2006

  2. AM Guest

    wrote:
    > Gang, I need help with the static command on a pix 515 with 6.4.
    >
    > I have a web server outside: 151.205.x.x named webserver.domain.com
    >
    > I want my internal machines to be able to hit it through the internal
    > address by using webserver.domain.com. The internal address is
    > 10.1.20.222.
    >
    > So I'm thinking the static command should do this, so I'm doing a
    >
    > static (outside,inside) 151.205.x.x 10.1.20.222 DNS
    > clear xlate
    >
    > nslookup resolution still points to 151.205.x.x. I've tried various
    > arrangements of the interfaces to no avail. What would be the propper
    > command to get this working?

    Try

    static (outside,inside) 151.205.x.x 10.1.20.222 dns netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

    Note it differs by the order within the circles and the specification of the netmask plus the number of concurrent
    connection and embryonics at the end.

    Alex.

    AM, Feb 22, 2006

  3. mcaissie Guest

    If i understand correctly,

    --You have a web server with a real IP address of 10.1.20.222 . You want it
    to be seen
    from the outside at 151.205.x.x. You want your inside users to be able to
    reach it
    using it's domain name , wich resolve using the public IP of 151.205.x.x--

    Then you need the command

    static (inside,outside) 151.205.x.x 10.1.20.222 dns netmask 255.255.255.255
    0 0

    and not static (outside,inside)

    This is assuming that the dns server used by your internal users is
    outside the PIX.

    mcaissie, Feb 22, 2006
  4. Guest

    I agree with the above statemnt, and keep in mind you will have to have
    an access list permiting HTTP to the server

    , Feb 22, 2006