    Thanks.

    --
    569@72649.266
    bolt thrower, Jul 30, 2004

  2. bolt thrower

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <cedp6h$a9r$>, says...
    > Users are complaining about static and echos on their Cisco 7940s and
    > 7960s. I'm new to this VoiP stuff so I'm at a loss. I know its a broad
    > question. Any ideas?

    Well, it's really a broad question. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to
    hire someone who knows how VoIP stuff works and fix it for you.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Jul 30, 2004

  3. bolt thrower

    bolt thrower Guest

    : Well, it's really a broad question. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to
    : hire someone who knows how VoIP stuff works and fix it for you.

    I'm working with out network contractor, but they're four hours away.

    The killer is that there has been construction going on at that facility.
    I'm thinking someone put some interference-generating device near network
    cables. Two phones have excessive static, the rest only marginal.

    I am going to try to isolate the problem to phones, or drops, or a switch.
    bolt thrower, Jul 30, 2004
  4. bolt thrower

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <ceeahe$16j$>, says...

    > : Well, it's really a broad question. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to
    > : hire someone who knows how VoIP stuff works and fix it for you.
    >
    > I'm working with out network contractor, but they're four hours away.
    >
    > The killer is that there has been construction going on at that facility.
    > I'm thinking someone put some interference-generating device near network
    > cables. Two phones have excessive static, the rest only marginal.

    If that is the case, then you should see amount of CRC's or other errors
    on your switches (ports, of course). If there's no such errors, that
    should prove that your assumption was wrong and that you have to search
    for problems elsewere. Unless something interfeeres with your phone's
    headphone, but I wouldn't give it a lot of possibillity.

    > I am going to try to isolate the problem to phones, or drops, or a switch.

    Yes, that would be very good, but that is the hardest part of
    troubleshooting and requires decent amount of knowledge.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Jul 31, 2004