    Question: Is there someone with the same problem??

    Maybe this is a production fault.

    Greetings Hans.
    username, Oct 19, 2004

  2. "username" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hoi,
    >
    > I`ve got a problem with part IV " a new hope" about the DD5.1 EX sound. (
    > region 2).
    > The sound is DD 5.1 instead of DD 5.1 EX this means there is no extra
    > channel 6.1.
    >
    > The other parts V and VI are DD 5.1 EX.and this correct.
    >
    > Question: Is there someone with the same problem??
    >
    > Maybe this is a production fault.

    How do you know? The sixth channel is simply matrix encoded with the rear
    two outer channels using the 3 channel version of Dolby Pro Logic.

    Ian.
    Electric Fan Club, Oct 19, 2004

  3. username

    username Guest

    "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:41753452$...

    (
    > > region 2).
    > > The sound is DD 5.1 instead of DD 5.1 EX this means there is no extra
    > > channel 6.1.
    > >
    > > The other parts V and VI are DD 5.1 EX.and this correct.
    > >
    > > Question: Is there someone with the same problem??
    > >
    > > Maybe this is a production fault.
    > >

    > How do you know? The sixth channel is simply matrix encoded with the rear
    > two outer channels using the 3 channel version of Dolby Pro Logic.
    >
    > Ian.

    Because i have a dolby surround reciever that can produce the extra channel,
    the reciever shows this in his display.

    username, Oct 20, 2004
  4. "username" <> wrote in message

    > "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    > message news:41753452$...
    > >
    > > "username" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hoi,
    > > >
    > > > I`ve got a problem with part IV " a new hope" about the DD5.1 EX

    sound.
    > (
    > > > region 2).
    > > > The sound is DD 5.1 instead of DD 5.1 EX this means there is no extra
    > > > channel 6.1.
    > > >
    > > > The other parts V and VI are DD 5.1 EX.and this correct.
    > > >
    > > > Question: Is there someone with the same problem??
    > > >
    > > > Maybe this is a production fault.
    > > >

    > > How do you know? The sixth channel is simply matrix encoded with the

    rear
    > > two outer channels using the 3 channel version of Dolby Pro Logic.
    > >
    > > Ian.
    > >

    > Because i have a dolby surround reciever that can produce the extra

    channel,
    > the reciever shows this in his display.

    Yes and...
    Electric Fan Club, Oct 20, 2004
  5. username

    username Guest

    "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:41764afa$...

    > "username" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    > > message news:41753452$...
    > > >
    > > > "username" <> wrote in message

    > sound.
    > > (

    extra

    > > > How do you know? The sixth channel is simply matrix encoded with the

    > rear
    > > > two outer channels using the 3 channel version of Dolby Pro Logic.
    > > >
    > > > Ian.
    > > >

    > > Because i have a dolby surround reciever that can produce the extra

    > channel,
    > > the reciever shows this in his display.
    > > >

    > Yes and...

    Did you read the problem right???
    no!!!! DD5.1EX No!!!!!!! 6.1 on ~a new hope~

    username, Oct 20, 2004
  6. username

    Jay G. Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:45:32 +0200, username wrote:

    > Hoi,
    >
    > I`ve got a problem with part IV " a new hope" about the DD5.1 EX sound. (
    > region 2).
    > The sound is DD 5.1 instead of DD 5.1 EX this means there is no extra
    > channel 6.1.
    >
    > The other parts V and VI are DD 5.1 EX.and this correct.
    >
    > Question: Is there someone with the same problem??

    All the reviews for the trilogy set mention that all 3 films have DD5.1 EX
    tracks. So perhaps you receiver is just not recognizing the EX encoding
    for some reason. Is there another 6.1 receiver that you could test this
    DVD on?

    -Jay
    Jay G., Oct 21, 2004
  7. username

    Username Guest

    I did went to the store for another part IV -a new hope -
    in this disk had the same problem the other two disks are perfect.
    Only part IV has the problem. My reciever is oke.

    Hans

    Username, Oct 21, 2004
  8. username

    Hans Nabben Guest

    Only the disk a new hope has no DD 5.1 EX.
    Part V and VI are correct the recievern shows me EX with other words there
    is a 6.1 channel.
    I think the disk is wrong but where can i go with this problem???
    By the store they can`t help me they say try the company where the disk is
    made but where maybe on the starwars side??
    Help!!

    --
    Groetjes

    Hans

    Hans Nabben, Oct 21, 2004
  9. username

    Jay G. Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:44:50 +0200, Hans Nabben wrote:

    > Only the disk a new hope has no DD 5.1 EX.
    > Part V and VI are correct the recievern shows me EX with other words there
    > is a 6.1 channel.
    > I think the disk is wrong but where can i go with this problem???
    > By the store they can`t help me they say try the company where the disk is
    > made but where maybe on the starwars side??
    > Help!!

    I'm a bit slow, I didn't notice that you and Username are posting from the
    Netherlands. If two different people are noticing problems with the Dutch
    release of this DVD, than there may indeed have been a problem with the
    mastering of this particular version.

    One option would be to import a box-set from another country, say the UK or
    US, that doesn't have this problem. The other would be to complain to the
    DVD distributor to see if they'll remaster the disc to fix this error.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Oct 22, 2004
  10. username

    Sean Black Guest

    In article <>, Jay G.
    <> writes
    >On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:44:50 +0200, Hans Nabben wrote:
    >
    >> Only the disk a new hope has no DD 5.1 EX.
    >> Part V and VI are correct the recievern shows me EX with other words there
    >> is a 6.1 channel.
    >> I think the disk is wrong but where can i go with this problem???
    >> By the store they can`t help me they say try the company where the disk is
    >> made but where maybe on the starwars side??
    >> Help!!

    >I'm a bit slow, I didn't notice that you and Username are posting from the
    >Netherlands. If two different people are noticing problems with the Dutch
    >release of this DVD, than there may indeed have been a problem with the
    >mastering of this particular version.
    >
    >One option would be to import a box-set from another country, say the UK or
    >US, that doesn't have this problem. The other would be to complain to the
    >DVD distributor to see if they'll remaster the disc to fix this error.
    >
    >-Jay

    I've seen some other UK posters mention this problem with their discs
    too. I think it's a Region 2 thing generally, got R1 myself and all
    three show EX.
    --
    Sean Black
    Sean Black, Oct 22, 2004
  11. username

    Username Guest

    Hello Jay

    Sorry Jay ,Username and Hans Nabben is the same person one is prive adress
    and the other is work adress.

    Greetings Hans ( username ).

    Username, Oct 22, 2004
  12. Re: Starwars Trilogie sound problem me 2

    "Jay G." <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:44:50 +0200, Hans Nabben wrote:
    >
    > > Only the disk a new hope has no DD 5.1 EX.
    > > Part V and VI are correct the recievern shows me EX with other words

    there
    > > is a 6.1 channel.
    > > I think the disk is wrong but where can i go with this problem???
    > > By the store they can`t help me they say try the company where the disk

    is
    > > made but where maybe on the starwars side??
    > > Help!!

    > I'm a bit slow, I didn't notice that you and Username are posting from the
    > Netherlands. If two different people are noticing problems with the Dutch
    > release of this DVD, than there may indeed have been a problem with the
    > mastering of this particular version.
    >
    > One option would be to import a box-set from another country, say the UK

    or
    > US, that doesn't have this problem. The other would be to complain to the
    > DVD distributor to see if they'll remaster the disc to fix this error.
    >
    > -Jay

    I have a DVD pioneer 107 and the starwar disk is double layer__I can put all
    of the source disk onto a normal dvd but do not get any audio_______I an in
    Aust___I use anydvd and clone dvd __have tried all different software__ any
    help please
    With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia
    william smith, Nov 15, 2004