    I know if I start task manager I get a list but how do I know which are
    required, and which are just process hogs.

    tia, Phil.
    Phil B, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Phil B

    °Mike° Guest

    Control your startups:
    ----------------------
    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Startup Control Panel
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:04:51 -0000, in
    <bor8c7$tib$>
    Phil B scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Phil B

    Phil B Guest

    Cheers mike.

    Phil B, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Phil B

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. Another application you should consider,
    is HijackThis:
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:23:29 -0000, in
    <bor9f6$tbr$>
    Phil B scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  5. Phil B

    Viewasku1977 Guest

    >Control your startups:
    >----------------------

    While we're on the subject, I have a question about a file that doesnt' seem to
    be listed on any of those links:
    "InterTrust QuickStart"

    Google brought up nothing as well. Is this a virus?
    Viewasku1977, Nov 11, 2003
  6. Phil B

    °Mike° Guest

    On 11 Nov 2003 22:57:20 GMT, in
    <>
    Viewasku1977 scrawled:

    >>Control your startups:
    >>----------------------

    >While we're on the subject, I have a question about a file that doesnt' seem to
    >be listed on any of those links:
    > "InterTrust QuickStart"
    >
    >Google brought up nothing as well. Is this a virus?

    What is the file name?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Phil B

    Boomer Guest

    ojuno (Viewasku1977) wrote in

    >>Control your startups:
    >>----------------------

    > While we're on the subject, I have a question about a file that
    > doesnt' seem to be listed on any of those links:
    > "InterTrust QuickStart"
    >
    > Google brought up nothing as well. Is this a virus?

    Maybe something here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&q=%22InterTrust+Quick+Start%22&btnG=Google+Search
    Boomer, Nov 11, 2003
  8. Phil B

    Viewasku1977 Guest

    >hile we're on the subject, I have a question about a file that doesnt' seem
    >>be listed on any of those links:
    >> "InterTrust QuickStart"
    >>
    >>Google brought up nothing as well. Is this a virus?

    >What is the file name?
    >
    >--
    >Appears to be "it_cpq~1.exe" From the link supplied by Boomer, I found this:

    "Digital Rights Management to control legal software download and other
    E-commerce related business"

    Doesn't look like a virus, but it doesn't look essential to have either.
    Should I just disable until further notice?

    Viewasku1977, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Phil B

    °Mike° Guest

    On 12 Nov 2003 00:40:17 GMT, in
    <>
    Viewasku1977 scrawled:

    >>hile we're on the subject, I have a question about a file that doesnt' seem
    >>>be listed on any of those links:
    >>> "InterTrust QuickStart"
    >>>
    >>>Google brought up nothing as well. Is this a virus?

    >>What is the file name?
    >>

    >Appears to be "it_cpq~1.exe" From the link supplied by
    >Boomer, I found this:
    >
    >"Digital Rights Management to control legal software download
    >and other E-commerce related business"
    >
    >Doesn't look like a virus, but it doesn't look essential to have
    >either. Should I just disable until further notice?

    It's no good guessing. What is the file called on *your*
    system? I assume you asked because it is in the startup
    list, ergo, there *must* be a file name.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2003
  10. Phil B

    Viewasku1977 Guest

    >t's no good guessing. What is the file called on *your*
    >system? I assume you asked because it is in the startup
    >list, ergo, there *must* be a file name.
    >
    >--
    >In my startups list, it's just called "InterTrust QuickStart" but when I check

    the link in Google, the file is known as "it_cpq~1.exe" There is no file
    extension in my startups list though.
    Viewasku1977, Nov 12, 2003
  11. Phil B

    °Mike° Guest

    On 12 Nov 2003 01:04:17 GMT, in
    <>
    Viewasku1977 scrawled:

    >>t's no good guessing. What is the file called on *your*
    >>system? I assume you asked because it is in the startup
    >>list, ergo, there *must* be a file name.
    >>

    >In my startups list, it's just called "InterTrust QuickStart" but
    >when I check the link in Google, the file is known as
    >"it_cpq~1.exe" There is no file extension in my startups list
    >though.

    If you are *certain* that is what it is, then it's not needed
    at startup.
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_i.php

    StartupList should give you the name of the file.

    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2003