Startup test

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Neil Jarman, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. Neil Jarman

    Neil Jarman Guest

    Hi,

    I'm experimenting with VoIP.

    I've got a Demon std account with an 0845 number for now.

    I've got a Linksys SPA941 phone.

    I have a Netgear DG834G rounter.

    I can call out and the called party rings.

    On answer, they can hear me, but I can't hear them.

    I can't call in. I just get silence until continuous number unobtainable
    tone.

    Needless to say my email to Demon has not been answered!!

    Notes:

    Phone screen sticks on Checking DNS unless I set Use Outbound Proxy to YES
    and enter reg.sip.pipecall.com

    Cheers,

    NEIL

    Neil Jarman, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Neil Jarman

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:15:03 +0100, "Neil Jarman"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm experimenting with VoIP.
    >
    >I've got a Demon std account with an 0845 number for now.
    >
    >I've got a Linksys SPA941 phone.
    >
    >I have a Netgear DG834G rounter.
    >
    >I can call out and the called party rings.
    >
    >On answer, they can hear me, but I can't hear them.
    >
    >I can't call in. I just get silence until continuous number unobtainable
    >tone.
    >
    >Needless to say my email to Demon has not been answered!!
    >
    >Notes:
    >
    >Phone screen sticks on Checking DNS unless I set Use Outbound Proxy to YES
    >and enter reg.sip.pipecall.com
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >NEIL

    You will need to set up the forwarding of some ports or use a STUN
    server. One way audio is a common problem. Go to Google groups and
    enter
    voip one way audio
    You'll see plenty of postings.
    You could do a temporary check by setting up DMZ but best not to leave
    it that way for security reasons.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jun 16, 2006