    do I find out what is causing it?
    (Windows XPPro)
    John
    John Rampling, Mar 28, 2005

  2. John Rampling

    JANA Guest

    Your copy of Firefox is not running ActiveX scripts. You need the plugin.

    ActiveX for Firefox info:
    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm

    It is through ActiveX, and Java, that are some of the ways, where users
    start having the problems of getting hijacked, spywares, and etc. Take care
    for the security of your browser when having these extras active. It is best
    to leave them un-active for visiting strange sites. Once you are sure the
    site is safe, then you can let the scripting plugins work.

    Make sure that you have the latest version of Firefox. They are now up to
    version 1.0.2 They also have security issues to deal with. I found the
    latest version to be a bit faster than the previous ones.

    An Interesting article about Firefox:
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/firefox.htm

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "John Rampling" <> wrote in message
    When I boot up I get a box with the following warning under an 'Internet
    Explorer' heading;
    "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
    page. As a result, the page may not display correctly".
    IE is not my default browser (I use Firefox). Bringing up the Task Manager
    does not reveal any running programs that might account for the warning. How
    JANA, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Jana I don't think you read my post. The warning pops up under an INTERNET
    EXPLORER heading. Furthermore neither IE nor Firefox are running when the
    popup occurs.

    John

    John Rampling, Mar 28, 2005
  4. More information on this fault; if I hit Help button when the box appears I
    get:
    "Cannot find the c:\windows\system32\mshtml.hlp file. Do you want to try to
    find this file yourself?"
    A quick Google on this file name led me to
    which makes me suppose that a DHTML page is attempting to load when I boot
    up.
    There is nothing in my Startup folder and no Services in services.msc or
    msconfig that seem to fit the bill. I regularly clean out my Preferences
    folder.
    Anyone got any other ideas as to what app is trying to start?

    John

    John Rampling, Mar 30, 2005