    john Guest

    How do I get rid of programs that start when my XP starts? Would
    appreciate any help.

    john, Dec 21, 2004

  2. john

    Dan DiNicolo Guest

    Open the Run command from the Start menu and then type msconfig.exe. You can
    control which programs start automatically via the Startup tab.

    All the best,
    Dan
    --
    Dan DiNicolo
    MCSE, CCNP, CCDA

    Dan DiNicolo, Dec 21, 2004

  3. I wouldn't use msconfig, as it is just a diagnostic tool. It is best
    to use the preferences or options in the program to disable it from the
    boot. However, if you can't find a way to disable it from within the
    program, you could use StartupCPL, found here:

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    It is an invaluble tool in my goody bag, and I wouldn't be without it.
    It puts it's own icon in the Control Panel.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 22, 2004