    msconfig. Does anyone know how to do this in XP Home?

    Thanks

    Tony

    Anthony J. Amato Jr., Jan 27, 2004

  2. Anthony J. Amato Jr.

    Unk Guest

    The same way, but read this first:

    Unk, Jan 27, 2004

  3. I use StartupCPL from Mike Lin:

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    You shouldn't use MSCONFIG to disable startup programs, but only as
    a diagnostic use to determine what program maybe causing a problem.

    "Anthony J. Amato Jr." <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:_dxRb.18880$:

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com

    @}-}-------Rosee, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into StartupCPl

    Tony

    Anthony J. Amato Jr., Jan 27, 2004
  5. You're welcome...;o)

    Also please include some the message to which you are replying. It helps
    us old farts "keep up".....;oD

    "Anthony J. Amato Jr." <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:3gARb.19388$:

    @}-}-------Rosee, Jan 27, 2004
  6. > BlankIn windows 98 you are able to control the startup programs using

    > msconfig. Does anyone know how to do this in XP Home?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

    Go to Start, All Programs, Startup. The programs you are "allowed" to stop
    starting are listed. Right click on any you don't want starting and
    left click
    on "Delete". This will not delete the program, only keep it from
    starting when you start Windows XP.

    Don

    Don Matschull, Jan 28, 2004