    5. Press Enter or the "Ok" button, and the desktop will appear.

    Is there anyway to rectify the problem so i don't have to do this each time I boot/restart my laptop? It's getting kinda annoying. Thanks

    P.S. I run on Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit Version).

    GrasshopperZ, May 4, 2008

  2. GrasshopperZ

    BohemianGeek

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    15
    explorer

    hi,
    did you downloaded anything? and anti-virus? a virus? your explorer should start automatically, have you tried opening up in "Safe Mode" and run a virus scan to make sure? if all is good try a system restore to an earlier date.
    I don't have Vista, but in windows xp the last thing i would do it go to windows services, and one by one go through what is starting up automatically behind the scenes.
    Start|Run and enter “services.msc”.
    hope it works,

    :girl:

    BohemianGeek, May 15, 2008