    of my hard disk with previous installation of windows server 2003,trying to
    boot the server 2003, I receive this message "Windows could not start because
    the following file is missing or corrupt:\Windows\system32\config\systemd"
    =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=, Jun 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=" <> prattled
    ceaslessly in news::

    > After the installlation of windows 2000 professional on the second
    > partition of my hard disk with previous installation of windows server
    > 2003,trying to boot the server 2003, I receive this message "Windows
    > could not start because the following file is missing or
    > corrupt:\Windows\system32\config\systemd"

    For dual boot, install the older OS first, then the newer OS.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Jun 24, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <Xns967F9A8DD8D3catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136>,
    says...
    > Subject: Re: STARTUP PROBLEM
    > From: catwalker63 <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > "=?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=" <> prattled
    > ceaslessly in news::
    >
    > > After the installlation of windows 2000 professional on the second
    > > partition of my hard disk with previous installation of windows server
    > > 2003,trying to boot the server 2003, I receive this message "Windows
    > > could not start because the following file is missing or
    > > corrupt:\Windows\system32\config\systemd"
    > >

    > For dual boot, install the older OS first, then the newer OS.

    Really? Why is this?
    Ben Smith, Jun 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Ben Smith <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > In article <Xns967F9A8DD8D3catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136>,
    > says...
    >> Subject: Re: STARTUP PROBLEM
    >> From: catwalker63 <>
    >> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >>
    >> "=?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=" <>
    >> prattled ceaslessly in
    >>
    >> > After the installlation of windows 2000 professional on the second
    >> > partition of my hard disk with previous installation of windows
    >> > server 2003,trying to boot the server 2003, I receive this message
    >> > "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
    >> > corrupt:\Windows\system32\config\systemd"
    >> >

    >> For dual boot, install the older OS first, then the newer OS.
    >>

    > Really? Why is this?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322952

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289283

    From Server 2003 help files:

    "Updated: January 21, 2005

    Computers that contain Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003

    You can set up a server so that it contains both Windows 2000 and
    Windows Server 2003. If you plan to do this, note the following:

    • Install each operating system on a different partition or, for dynamic
    disks, on a different disk, and install the applications used with an
    operating system on the same disk or partition with it. If an
    application is used with two different operating systems, install it in
    two places.

    • Windows Server 2003 must be installed last. Otherwise, important files
    that are needed for starting Windows Server 2003 will be overwritten.

    • If the computer participates in a domain, use a different computer
    name for each installation. Because a unique security identifier (SID)
    is used for each installation on a domain, the computer name for each
    installation must be unique, even for multiple installations on the same
    computer.

    • If you use the Encrypting File System (EFS) on a computer containing
    Windows 2000 and a product in the Windows Server 2003 family, the
    encrypted files will not be readable between the different installations
    unless you take one of the following approaches:

    • One approach is to ensure that all the installations are in the same
    domain and that the user of these installations has a roaming profile.

    • Another approach is to export the user's file encryption certificate
    and associated private key from one installation and import it into the
    other installations. "

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Jun 25, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <Xns96806A50DB52Fcatwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136>,
    says...
    > Ben Smith <> prattled ceaslessly in
    >
    > > In article <Xns967F9A8DD8D3catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136>,
    > > says...
    > >> Subject: Re: STARTUP PROBLEM
    > >> From: catwalker63 <>
    > >> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    > >>
    > >> "=?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=" <>
    > >> prattled ceaslessly in

    > >> For dual boot, install the older OS first, then the newer OS.
    > >>

    > > Really? Why is this?

    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322952
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289283
    >
    > From Server 2003 help files:
    >
    > "Updated: January 21, 2005
    >
    > Computers that contain Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003
    >
    > You can set up a server so that it contains both Windows 2000 and
    > Windows Server 2003. If you plan to do this, note the following:
    >
    > • Install each operating system on a different partition or, for dynamic
    > disks, on a different disk, and install the applications used with an
    > operating system on the same disk or partition with it. If an
    > application is used with two different operating systems, install it in
    > two places.
    >
    > • Windows Server 2003 must be installed last. Otherwise, important files
    > that are needed for starting Windows Server 2003 will be overwritten.

    Intersting. I did not know this.
    Ben Smith, Jun 26, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    > In article <Xns96806A50DB52Fcatwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136>,
    > says...
    >> Ben Smith <> prattled ceaslessly in
    >>
    >> > In article <Xns967F9A8DD8D3catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136>,
    >> > says...

    >> > Really? Why is this?

    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322952
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289283
    >>
    >> From Server 2003 help files:
    >>
    >> "Updated: January 21, 2005
    >>
    >> Computers that contain Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003
    >>
    >> You can set up a server so that it contains both Windows 2000 and
    >> Windows Server 2003. If you plan to do this, note the following:
    >>
    >> • Install each operating system on a different partition or, for
    >> dynamic disks, on a different disk, and install the applications used
    >> with an operating system on the same disk or partition with it. If an
    >> application is used with two different operating systems, install it
    >> in two places.
    >>
    >> • Windows Server 2003 must be installed last. Otherwise, important
    >> files that are needed for starting Windows Server 2003 will be
    >> overwritten.
    >>

    > Intersting. I did not know this.

    With virtual wear, I don't see much point in dual boot anymore but I
    remembered this from the server and professional exams.

    catwalker63, Jun 26, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Sam Guest

    Remember this rool. Older OS firstttttttttttttttttttt..

    Also you might be able to recover server 2003 by just copying
    ntdetect.com and ntldr file from windows server 2003 CD.

    Good Luck
    Sam, Jun 27, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Intersting. I did not know this.

    Catwalker, you go, girl.
    Frisbee®, Jun 27, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:

    > Now this is scary.
    >
    > I read Catwalker's comments this morning at 8AM, was duly impressed,
    > then went about my business.
    >
    > At lunch (now) I thought I would come on in and drop a "you go girl"
    > on the thread...
    >
    > That's extraordinary.
    >
    > k "esp" g

    Even more scary is you seem to have teleported yourself into the future.

    </fx="twilightzone.mid>

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jun 27, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaslessly in news:
    #:

    > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    >> Intersting. I did not know this.

    > Catwalker, you go, girl.

    You like me! You really like me!

    catwalker63, Jun 27, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    JaR <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
    >
    >> Now this is scary.
    >>
    >> I read Catwalker's comments this morning at 8AM, was duly impressed,
    >> then went about my business.
    >>
    >> At lunch (now) I thought I would come on in and drop a "you go girl"
    >> on the thread...
    >>
    >> That's extraordinary.
    >>
    >> k "esp" g

    > Even more scary is you seem to have teleported yourself into the
    > future.
    >
    > </fx="twilightzone.mid>

    You try to confuse!

    catwalker63, Jun 27, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    T-Bone Guest

    Re: And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    "JaR" <> wrote
    > Even more scary is you seem to have teleported yourself into the future.

    Glad to see that someone finally got Bob's time machine working.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Jun 27, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    kpg Guest

    Re: And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    > Even more scary is you seem to have teleported yourself into the future.

    Sorry about that. I was short of cash, and Friday is payday. :)
    kpg, Jun 27, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:

    >> Even more scary is you seem to have teleported yourself into the future.

    > Sorry about that.

    Tut tut! Don't mention it. Already forgotten!

    > I was short of cash, and Friday is payday. :)

    Uhh...Kewl. You can buy the beer tonite. Mine's not 'till Monday.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jun 27, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Ben Smith Guest

    Re: And today's GOLD STAR is awarded to (Was Re: STARTUP PROBLEM)

    In article <#>, billLASTINIT@dasi-
    software.com says...
    > "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > Intersting. I did not know this.

    > Catwalker, you go, girl.

    Funny. :)
    Ben Smith, Jun 27, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=" <> wrote in

    > After the installlation of windows 2000 professional on the second
    > partition of my hard disk with previous installation of windows server
    > 2003,trying to boot the server 2003, I receive this message "Windows
    > could not start because the following file is missing or
    > corrupt:\Windows\system32\config\systemd"

    did you try spraying some WD40 on it? it works every time.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP Thug #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Jun 29, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "erg" <> wrote in message

    > Rowdy Yates wrote:
    >> *"=?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=" <> wrote
    >> in
    >>
    >> > After the installlation of windows 2000 professional on the second
    >> > partition of my hard disk with previous installation of windows

    >> server
    >> > 2003,trying to boot the server 2003, I receive this message

    >> "Windows
    >> > could not start because the following file is missing or
    >> > corrupt:\Windows\system32\config\systemd"

    >> did you try spraying some WD40 on it? it works every time.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rowdy Yates, MCNGP Thug #39
    >> http://www.mcngp.com/
    >> http://profiles.yahoo.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp *

    > What do you mean spray wd40 on what? Are you serious? I am having this
    > problem with my computer..it will not start. OS 2000

    Of course he's serious! He's an MCSE, man!

    Part of what we learn in Microsoft Certification is that all you need in
    your repair kit is two things: Duct Tape and WD-40.

    If it moves, and it's not supposed to: Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move, and it's supposed to: WD-40.

    You can't get this stuff from br@indumps, son.
    Frisbee®, May 10, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    kpg Guest

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\197164.htm (5/10/2006
    > 11:57:20 AM) # "erg" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Rowdy Yates wrote:
    >>> *"=?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=" <>
    >>> wrote in

    >>> server
    >>> "Windows
    >>>
    >>> did you try spraying some WD40 on it? it works every time.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Rowdy Yates, MCNGP Thug #39
    >>> http://www.mcngp.com/
    >>> http://profiles.yahoo.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp *

    >> What do you mean spray wd40 on what? Are you serious? I am having
    >> this problem with my computer..it will not start. OS 2000

    > Of course he's serious! He's an MCSE, man!
    >
    > Part of what we learn in Microsoft Certification is that all you need
    > in your repair kit is two things: Duct Tape and WD-40.
    >
    > If it moves, and it's not supposed to: Duct Tape.
    > If it doesn't move, and it's supposed to: WD-40.
    >
    > You can't get this stuff from br@indumps, son.

    If it's standing still, paint it.

    If it's wearing a uniform, salute it.
    kpg, May 10, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?QUpFSERBTg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\197164.htm (5/10/2006
    >> 11:57:20 AM) # "erg" <> wrote in message

    >>> What do you mean spray wd40 on what? Are you serious? I am having
    >>> this problem with my computer..it will not start. OS 2000

    >> Of course he's serious! He's an MCSE, man!
    >>
    >> Part of what we learn in Microsoft Certification is that all you need
    >> in your repair kit is two things: Duct Tape and WD-40.
    >>
    >> If it moves, and it's not supposed to: Duct Tape.
    >> If it doesn't move, and it's supposed to: WD-40.
    >>
    >> You can't get this stuff from br@indumps, son.

    > If it's standing still, paint it.
    >
    > If it's wearing a uniform, salute it.

    Did I ever tell you about my very first salute as an Airman (after boot
    camp, I mean)? I did? Well I'm gonna tell you again anyway.

    At Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS, fresh out of boot camp, enjoying some actual
    free time, I decide to go over to the Base Exchange (USAF's version of a
    Wal-Mart). I get myself an ice cream cone and head out of the building and
    start to walk towards my motorcyle, as I notice this person in a uniform
    that I'm not quite familiar with (turns out later it was a flight suit) but
    then I notice a pair of silver bars on his shoulder.

    At last! An opportunity to salute an officer! All we ever saluted in boot
    camp was the T.I. (Technical Instructor - an NCO). I snap my rigid arm up
    to a perfect salute... complete with ice cream cone.

    The captain returned the salute, laughing hysterically as he walked past.
    Frisbee®, May 10, 2006
  20. << While I was at work, Frisbee® spurted out:

    > Did I ever tell you about my very first salute as an Airman (after
    > boot camp, I mean)? I did? Well I'm gonna tell you again anyway.
    >
    > At Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS, fresh out of boot camp, enjoying some
    > actual free time, I decide to go over to the Base Exchange (USAF's
    > version of a Wal-Mart). I get myself an ice cream cone and head out
    > of the building and start to walk towards my motorcyle, as I notice
    > this person in a uniform that I'm not quite familiar with (turns out
    > later it was a flight suit) but then I notice a pair of silver bars
    > on his shoulder.
    >
    > At last! An opportunity to salute an officer! All we ever saluted
    > in boot camp was the T.I. (Technical Instructor - an NCO). I snap my
    > rigid arm up to a perfect salute... complete with ice cream cone.
    >
    > The captain returned the salute, laughing hysterically as he walked
    > past.

    That's funny, something one would only see in the movies.
    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Bigus Di©kus, May 10, 2006