    that, since I have modified the original system configuration, the windows
    henceforth will run in a modified diagnostic mode. Any suggestion? The
    system I use is Windows XP (SP2) and Pentium 4.

    Ajit Goswami, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Ajit Goswami

    Andrew Guest

    "Ajit Goswami" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I wish to keep a program (Spysubtract) that came with the original machine,
    >but do not want it to start each time I boot the machine. However, when I
    >unselect it from the startup list in msconfig, I keep getting a warning
    >that, since I have modified the original system configuration, the windows
    >henceforth will run in a modified diagnostic mode. Any suggestion? The
    >system I use is Windows XP (SP2) and Pentium 4.

    Make sure it is not in your startup file.

    [Start] [All Programs] [Startup] If it is then right click the name of the
    program in startup and delete it

    Make sure it is not in your registry.

    [Start] [Run] [Regedit]
    Registry Key:
    Right click the program you don't want to load and click Delete.
    Exit Registry and Reboot

    Andrew

    --
    http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

    To email me remove the NOSPAM in my email address

    Andrew, Nov 15, 2005

  3. Ajit Goswami

    Guest

    You can also look in the program settings. Usually it should be an
    option about loading on startup.
    Nikita

    , Nov 15, 2005
  4. Ajit Goswami

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:49:48 -0500, "Ajit Goswami" <> wrote:

    >I wish to keep a program (Spysubtract) that came with the original machine,
    >but do not want it to start each time I boot the machine. However, when I
    >unselect it from the startup list in msconfig, I keep getting a warning
    >that, since I have modified the original system configuration, the windows
    >henceforth will run in a modified diagnostic mode. Any suggestion? The
    >system I use is Windows XP (SP2) and Pentium 4.

    Click Start, Run. In the Run box, type "regedit" without the quotes and click OK
    Work your way to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\
    and delete the "MSConfig" entry or, download a script to do it for you:

    Remove "Selective Startup" Reminder
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_nomsconfig.htm

    Unk, Nov 16, 2005