    I have to adjust something some where?

    --
    Yakis Genghis
    Yakis, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Yakis

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:24:47 +0200, "Yakis" <> wrote:

    >Hi every one,
    >
    >Today was the second time that I encountered a small problem with my pc.
    >When Boot up, a message showed up on the screen stating:
    >Phonix encounters error, error auxillary keyboard and mouse.
    >Then it booted up and I was able to log in as usual, but the keyboard and
    >mouse were not functioning.
    >Rebooted again, everything was OK again, what might be the cause of this? Do
    >I have to adjust something some where?

    If it only happens occasionally and a reboot fixes it, don't worry about it.
    Unk, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Yakis

    Yakis Guest

    I have this pc since Nov. 2001 and have never experienced such thing, so I
    thought, there must be something which needs updating or something like
    that??
    Any suggestion please?

    --
    Yakis Genghis

    Yakis, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Yakis

    MrGrumpy Guest

    You've run winupdate?
    You've checked your pc manu site for any updates?
    You've checked your keybd/mouse manu site for any updates?

    MrGrumpy, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Yakis

    Yakis Guest

    Updated to Windows XP SP2 last week successfully.
    Checked my device manager to update the keybd/mouse, there were no better
    drivers than the ones I have now.
    Checked all updates for the drivers, all up to date.

    --
    Yakis Genghis

    Yakis, Apr 1, 2005
  6. Yakis

    Tapioca Guest

    I take it that is a bios message coming up, are your mouse and keyboard usb
    or ps/2, check that they are enabled in the bios, or that your bios is not
    corrupted, have you got the latest bios for your mobo.
    Tapioca, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Yakis

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:59:54 +0200, "Yakis" <>
    wrote:

    >Updated to Windows XP SP2 last week successfully.
    >Checked my device manager to update the keybd/mouse, there were no better
    >drivers than the ones I have now.
    >Checked all updates for the drivers, all up to date.

    XP SP2 can cause the problems you are encountering (I presume you
    upgraded from XP SP1) unfortunately. Often it causes no problem, but
    (too) often there are problems with devices and drivers. Sometimes SP2
    can even stop the PC from booting. In one case internet connectivity
    was lost and not restored even after SP was uninstalled, only after
    System Restoring to before its installation.

    Check out all devices and key programs for normal functioning.

    Even if you find nothing else wrong, if the keybd/mouse issue bugs you
    too much, uninstall SP2 in Add/Remove Programs. Even if that fixes the
    problem, I would recommend using System Restore to go back to the day
    before you installed SP2.

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Apr 1, 2005
  8. Yakis

    Pat Guest

    Don't know if this will help, but there is a new Columbia 5P. 2.OE. Bios
    Update available.

    Pat, Apr 1, 2005
  9. Yakis

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Dont use winupdate for drivers, use the manu site only.

    MrGrumpy, Apr 1, 2005
  10. Yakis

    Plato Guest

    MrGrumpy wrote:

    > Dont use winupdate for drivers, use the manu site only.
    >
    > > Updated to Windows XP SP2 last week successfully.
    > > Checked my device manager to update the keybd/mouse, there were no better
    > > drivers than the ones I have now.
    > > Checked all updates for the drivers, all up to date.

    Agreed. It's one of the easiest ways to toss a pc. ie downloading new
    drivers from MS if all is already working.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 1, 2005
  11. Yakis

    MrGrumpy Guest

    To add to that; winupdate drivers v.often have a totally different version
    no. than the version given by manu.

    MrGrumpy, Apr 1, 2005