    What can I do reverse the condition?

    Thank you

    Janus
    Janus de Zorba, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Janus de Zorba

    Unk Guest

    Do you have a NIC in the computer?

    Long boot times:
    You may have the Ethernet adapter still set to DHCP and your ISP has
    shut off it's DHCP service (or you're not using the NIC at all). If so, you
    will not be served an address and the OS will wait during boot until the
    program times out. Setting you Ethernet adapter to a non-routable IP
    address may speed up the boot process.

    Slow boot time, or delays / Blackouts or Time-outs while waiting for
    webpages to load.
    http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.htm#15
    http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.htm
    http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/#LongHangs