Startup problem with Mozilla 1.8b1 after reinstall

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bernd, Jun 18, 2005.

  1. Bernd

    Bernd Guest

    Hello,

    this evening my (so far trusty) Win98SE installation decided it had
    experienced some problem that required it to go back to some really old
    settings; I had to reinstall several components (firewall, virus scan,
    directx...).

    Now Mozilla does not start: whenever I doubleclick it, nothing happens.
    I removed all traces from the directory and registry, reinstalled,
    problem persists :-(

    I vaguely remember having this problem before and fixing it by some
    entry or comment in a config file, but I cannot find any hint on the
    web
    (or I get so many hits that I stop looking through them after 5 pages)

    Is there a way to create an error log, or maybe someone diretly knows
    what to do?

    Thanks in advance
    Bernd

    Bernd, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Bernd wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > this evening my (so far trusty) Win98SE installation decided it had
    > experienced some problem that required it to go back to some really old
    > settings; I had to reinstall several components (firewall, virus scan,
    > directx...).
    >
    > Now Mozilla does not start: whenever I doubleclick it, nothing happens.
    > I removed all traces from the directory and registry, reinstalled,
    > problem persists :-(
    >
    > I vaguely remember having this problem before and fixing it by some
    > entry or comment in a config file, but I cannot find any hint on the
    > web
    > (or I get so many hits that I stop looking through them after 5 pages)
    >
    > Is there a way to create an error log, or maybe someone diretly knows
    > what to do?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Bernd

    Either try running from the dos shell, or in safe mode.

    =?iso-8859-1?B?/vOh/y3e9SH9IG1A8Q==?=, Jun 19, 2005