    Thomas

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    , Nov 21, 2004

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Where is the Startup folder in XP?

    You're kidding, right?

    The easy way:

    Right click on the start menu. Select "Explore" or "Explore all users"
    (depending on what you want to do and whether or not you have admin access),
    click on "Programs" and then click on "startup." That gets you there.

    As far as where startup "is"...

    C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    or

    <root>\Documents and Settings\(user)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    Oxford Systems, Nov 21, 2004

  3. Ditoa Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:03:36 GMT, wrote:

    >Where is the Startup folder in XP?

    There are two Startup folders in Windows 2000 and XP.

    Current User and All Users. As you can probably guess the current user
    folder only starts programs when that user logs in whereas all users
    will run regardless of who logs in.

    All Users is located in

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    and Current User is located in

    C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    Replace %USERNAME% with your username. You can copy and paste the
    above link as %USERNAME% is a windows variable that will automatically
    be replaced with the current logged in users username.

    HTH

    Ditoa, Nov 21, 2004
  4. In article <> Ditoa <> wrote:

    >There are two Startup folders in Windows 2000 and XP.

    Rotating two electric microsigularities at high speed, we are able to
    create and modify a local gravity sinusoid thereby replicating the
    affects of a Kerr black hole.

    >Current User and All Users. As you can probably guess the current user
    >folder only starts programs when that user logs in whereas all users
    >will run regardless of who logs in.

    Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't
    fallen asleep yet.

    >All Users is located in

    The ice caps are not melting any faster now than they were in your
    time period.

    >C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsStartup

    Have you considered anything else?

    >and Current User is located in

    A pessimist is one who builds dungeons in the air.

    >C:Documents and Settings%USERNAME%Start MenuProgramsStartup

    A high-speed train system connects the larger cities. Roads are still
    used for cars and many people ride horses and bikes.

    >Replace %USERNAME% with your username. You can copy and paste the
    >above link as %USERNAME% is a windows variable that will automatically
    >be replaced with the current logged in users username.

    A Committee is A creature with three or more legs and NO brain.

    >HTH

    We raise our own food and do more "farm" work. Compared to your time
    period, we work longer hours.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Coming from a bot that doesn't 'thinketh' anywhere, I'll take that as
    a compliment." -- theoneflasehaddock

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 21, 2004
  5. °Mike° Guest

    I am going to assume you are looking for startup
    locations, and not just the 'Start' menu startup
    folder; see my signature.

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:03:36 GMT, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    >Where is the Startup folder in XP?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 21, 2004
  6. Ditoa Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:33:38 GMT, Lady Chatterly
    <> wrote:

    >>There are two Startup folders in Windows 2000 and XP.

    >Rotating two electric microsigularities at high speed, we are able to
    >create and modify a local gravity sinusoid thereby replicating the
    >affects of a Kerr black hole.
    >
    >>Current User and All Users. As you can probably guess the current user
    >>folder only starts programs when that user logs in whereas all users
    >>will run regardless of who logs in.

    >Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't
    >fallen asleep yet.
    >
    >>All Users is located in

    >The ice caps are not melting any faster now than they were in your
    >time period.
    >
    >>C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsStartup

    >Have you considered anything else?
    >
    >>and Current User is located in

    >A pessimist is one who builds dungeons in the air.
    >
    >>C:Documents and Settings%USERNAME%Start MenuProgramsStartup

    >A high-speed train system connects the larger cities. Roads are still
    >used for cars and many people ride horses and bikes.
    >
    >>Replace %USERNAME% with your username. You can copy and paste the
    >>above link as %USERNAME% is a windows variable that will automatically
    >>be replaced with the current logged in users username.

    >A Committee is A creature with three or more legs and NO brain.
    >
    >>HTH

    >We raise our own food and do more "farm" work. Compared to your time
    >period, we work longer hours.

    Whiskey? Tango? Foxtrot?

    Ditoa, Nov 22, 2004
  7. In article <> Ditoa <> wrote:

    >Whiskey? Tango? Foxtrot?

    Are you positive that is why?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Stop using my name, lady chatterly! Or else!" -- W Monk

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 22, 2004
  8. kitnplayn

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    You're kidding, right? ~~~
    You know, that was really ignorant and condescending. Just because someone doesn't know everything that you do, is no reason to be rude. In fact, the "start programs" folder is not in the same place in Windows Explorer on XP as it was in Windows Explorer on Windows 98. Arrogance is the worst character trait. You could have left that comment off of your response. It served no positive purpose.

    kitnplayn, Nov 5, 2008
  9. scintillations

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I agree: Arrogant and ignorant

    I agree. Acting amazed that someone doesn't know where the Start folder is shows your ignorance of what is normal and expected knowledge in our culture.

    You actually think that it is normal that one would know where the start folder is. It is NOT normal to know where the start folder is.

    I suggest getting away from your computer screen for a while and joining the real world.

    scintillations, Nov 27, 2009