startup delay with desktop

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Steven Chipman, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. My XP system delays my desktop items: Basically, the icons take a lot
    more time refreshing themselves at startup. Any ideas?

    Steven Chipman, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Steven Chipman

    Plato Guest

    Steven Chipman wrote:

    > My XP system delays my desktop items: Basically, the icons take a lot
    > more time refreshing themselves at startup. Any ideas?

    Have enough free space on c:?
    Defragged recently?
    Minimized the number of startup apps you have set to run automatically
    when windows starts?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 29, 2005

  3. Steven Chipman

    EricP Guest

    On 28 Oct 2005 19:58:04 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Steven Chipman wrote:
    >>
    >> My XP system delays my desktop items: Basically, the icons take a lot
    >> more time refreshing themselves at startup. Any ideas?

    >Have enough free space on c:?
    >Defragged recently?
    >Minimized the number of startup apps you have set to run automatically
    >when windows starts?

    Try reinstalling your video card driver.

    Sounds stupid, but I was told to do this for this problem, and it
    speeded them up.

    Only takes a second.

    EricP, Oct 29, 2005