    (nick)
    www.tresfjording.com
    -----
    Zadig Galbaras, May 30, 2008

  2. Zadig Galbaras

    Rom Guest

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 21:55:35 +0200, Zadig Galbaras wrote:

    > I run FF3

    beta, RC, etc.

    > and want to have it display my Google start page when I open a new
    > tab with ctrl-t.
    > I've seen a few tips advising me to go into about:config and change the
    > browser.tabs.loadOnNewTab to 1, but I can't find it there.
    >
    > How can I make a new tab open showing a chosen webpage?

    You'll find that pref here:
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_About:config_Entries>
    with a note about a bug, and the bug mentions an extension, so try:
    New Tab Homepage <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/777>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, May 31, 2008

  3. The help/about option says Firefox version 3... nothing else...

    --

    Regards
    Zadig Galbaras

    Zadig Galbaras, Jun 1, 2008
  4. Hold your horses...
    hehe....
    I found an addon called Throbber Button, and now I left click on the thobber
    to open a, by me chosen, web page in the activated tab, and right click to
    open a page in a new tab.

    Nice solution it was too....

    --

    Regards
    Zadig Galbaras

    Zadig Galbaras, Jun 1, 2008
  5. Zadig Galbaras

    TheGuy Guest

    > I found an addon called Throbber Button, and now I left click on the
    > thobber to open a, by me chosen, web page in the activated tab, and

    And you click it and get a throbber?
    TheGuy, Jun 2, 2008