Starting workstation?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmVpZHk=?=, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. Hi, I've had trouble with this computer picking up any shared files or
    printers on the network. I read about and have found my 'computer browser'
    in services to be stopped, I cannot start it as I get an error: 1068. I then
    found that to enable it I have to start the 'workstation' service, but upon
    starting this I get the following error:

    Windows could not start the Workstation on Local Computer.

    With the following both coming up in the event viewer:

    1.The Workstation service terminated with service-specific error 2250 (0x8CA).

    2.Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    Event ID: 7036
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_STATUS_SUCCESS
    Message: The %1 service entered the %2 state.

    Explanation
    The specified service changed to the state indicated in the message. This
    message is logged for informational purposes only.

    User Action
    No user action is required.

    Has anybody got any ideas of how to get the workstation started?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmVpZHk=?=, Feb 22, 2007