    briefly, before stopping again. I then have to use the on/off button to
    turn it off and then start again, it then goes through the processes
    correctly. This problem has started since the last set of Windows Updates.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGluZ3NxdWl0Y2g=?=, May 13, 2006

  2. is this a 64-bit Windows XP problem? Or are you running regular Windows XP?
    If the later, I suspect you'll want to post this to the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp newsgroup.

    If this was caused by a security update, you can call Microsoft directly for
    support at 1-866-PCSafety. It's free.

    Finally, to see what is actually causing the issue, press F8 when it first
    starts to boot, and change the "automatic reboot" option to off. This will
    allow you to see the error message so you can report it, and it will help
    others to help you.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 13, 2006

  3. Since posting this message, I have discovered that I am not running a 64 bit
    application, it is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2

    =?Utf-8?B?UGluZ3NxdWl0Y2g=?=, May 13, 2006
  4. microsoft.public.windowsxp.general would be the best place to post then. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2006