starting up windows XP

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?dHJ1a3M0aGlyZQ==?=, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. when XP starts it asked me for password. Noone has password. It also asks
    if I want to verify windows.

    =?Utf-8?B?dHJ1a3M0aGlyZQ==?=, Jun 5, 2006

  2. I would reinstall. If there is data you need to save, I'd transplant the
    drive or use a bootable recovery-type disc and grab anything you want to
    save.

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, Jun 5, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dHJ1a3M0aGlyZQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    truks4hire wrote:

    > when XP starts it asked me for password. Noone has password. It also asks
    > if I want to verify windows.

    Normally, I would suggest trying to login with the built-in Admin
    account, and resetting your user. But that has pitfalls, and is for
    technical users.

    Whatever do you mean by "asks if I want to verify windows." ??? Are you
    talking about the chkdsk feature ?

    Cerebrus, Jun 5, 2006
  4. Win want to know if your version of win. is legal. You can download the
    verifier tool and then it will verify if your verison of win. is legal. You
    need to verify in order to udate and down load certain apps>
    --
    leonard

    =?Utf-8?B?bGVvbmFyZA==?=, Jun 7, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dHJ1a3M0aGlyZQ==?=

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Cerebrus spurted out:
    > truks4hire wrote:
    >
    >> when XP starts it asked me for password. Noone has password. It
    >> also asks if I want to verify windows.

    I would do as Mostly Gizzards suggested. Or you can take the offending hard
    drive out and place it in another computer as a slave drive, then grab any
    pertinent off of it.

    > Normally, I would suggest trying to login with the built-in Admin
    > account, and resetting your user. But that has pitfalls, and is for
    > technical users.

    I was under the impression he didn't have any passwords.

    > Whatever do you mean by "asks if I want to verify windows." ??? Are
    > you talking about the chkdsk feature ?

    I think he's talking about the "Windows Authenticaton", but I could be wrong.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011

    Guest, Jun 7, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dHJ1a3M0aGlyZQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Thus spake BD :

    > I was under the impression he didn't have any passwords.

    Well, the out of the box version of XP comes with a built-in
    Administrator account that has a blank password. I was thinking from
    his post, that he probably hasn't messed with that.

    Cerebrus, Jun 8, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dHJ1a3M0aGlyZQ==?=

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Cerebrus spurted out:
    > Thus spake BD :
    >>
    >> I was under the impression he didn't have any passwords.
    >>

    > Well, the out of the box version of XP comes with a built-in
    > Administrator account that has a blank password. I was thinking from
    > his post, that he probably hasn't messed with that.

    ;)

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006