    addresse on the two ethernet interfaces to let the router route IP packets ?
    I think as it is a router it will route by default :) but as I said
    before I'm very new to cisco world.
    Frank, Jan 14, 2005

  2. In article <cs85q2$u68$>, Frank <> wrote:
    :I've started a brand new 2801

    :My question is : is there some specific things to do more than put an IP
    :addresse on the two ethernet interfaces to let the router route IP packets ?
    :I think as it is a router it will route by default :) but as I said
    :before I'm very new to cisco world.

    I don't know offhand how much the web interface takes care of for you.
    With the CLI, there are a couple of things you would want to
    configure:

    ip router
    ip classless
    ip subnet-zero
    interface ...
    no shutdown
    interface ...
    no shutdown
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Default.Gateway.IP.Address
    --
    History is a pile of debris -- Laurie Anderson
    Walter Roberson, Jan 14, 2005