Starting Student Group In Chicago

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Brady Cox, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. Brady Cox

    Brady Cox Guest

    Hey all,

    I go to Westwood at the OHare campus and a few of my classmates and I are
    looking to start a group/club/etc. One of the things we want to do is have
    monthly presentations that would be beneficial to the students at the school,
    and hopefully get good guest speakers who will share their expertise with
    these technologies.

    The first one I was thinking about was Citrix. IIRC it's just a remote access
    program/suite/system, but it's not something that most students are able to
    see or use in the classroom environment. With that being said however it is a
    technology that I see time and again in the want-ads, so it's probably
    important to at least have an overview.

    Anyway, down to my query... would any of you suggest any other topics that
    don't get a fair shake at the college level? Perhaps even newer
    software/hardware out there?

    Any other suggestions would be helpful also.

    Thanks,
    Brady Cox
    Brady Cox, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Brady Cox

    C Guest

    yes, bring in strippers

    C, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Brady Cox

    m0rk Guest

    "Brady Cox" <> wrote in message
    > Anyway, down to my query... would any of you suggest any other topics that
    > don't get a fair shake at the college level? Perhaps even newer
    > software/hardware out there?
    >
    > Any other suggestions would be helpful also.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brady Cox

    A seminar on: how to collect a welfare check, until you get some experience.
    m0rk, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Brady Cox

    lowdes Guest

    A seminar on why not to be a MCNGP

    lowdes, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Brady Cox

    C Guest

    can you suggest 3 main topics?

    C, Sep 27, 2005
  6. Re: lowdes revisited

    "lowdes" <> wrote in message
    >A seminar on why not to be a MCNGP

    Can't you keep your lips from flapping for just one little minute?

    I mean, seriously... Heck, I honestly don't have anything better to do but
    type and annoy people over the internet, but at least I'm not a one trick
    pony!

    While you've been sitting here griping about the MCNGP and being a minor
    nuisance, I've been griping about 10 times as many people, and being a major
    pain in the backside of numerous others. And, improving my website,
    improving my resume, and starting a brand new business, and working on a few
    software products for no real reason other than there aren't enough people
    for me to gripe at for reasons I've invented myself.

    Trust me, I speak from experience here...

    If you want to succeed at this 'hassling other people' thing... You really
    need to work harder at being annoying, and you need to pick more than one
    target. Multitasking is key to your success here.

    Now get back to work!
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 28, 2005
  7. Brady Cox

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: lowdes revisited

    >there aren't enough people
    >for me to gripe at for reasons I've invented myself

    as what?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Sep 28, 2005
  8. Re: lowdes revisited

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >there aren't enough people
    >>for me to gripe at for reasons I've invented myself

    > as what?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Exactly.
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 28, 2005