  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    What is the Starting salary of MCDST?
    Guest, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Guest

    Crazed Guest

    Are you kidding me? You must not have ever been in the job market. The starting salary of an MCST is whatever you can find a job making. Rarely does any certification, degree or expericence guarantee you a specific salary. It's in how you present yourself and what the job entails. You may be an MCDST making $6 an hour at McDonalds flipping burgers or an MCDST landing a supervisory position at a corporation making $50,000 a year

    Crazed
    Crazed, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Guest

    Chad Guest

    I agree with the above poster, salary wildly varies.
    Most help desk jobs in my area start about $12 an hour,
    but thats just in my area. If you have no experience,
    only your MCDST, and are you get offereded a Help Desk
    job at $12 an hour, take it (my opinion). This is one of
    the lower level MS certifications, but is nice to have on
    a resume.

    Chad, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Guest

    KDHAKL Guest

    Well help desk people down under start at $18/hr and work upwards.
    Graduates from a course I teach have landed jobs starting pay of $20/hr

    My graduates have more than MCDST as this qualification was added to their
    Diploma as it came available.

    The graduates also have their A+, Net Plus, Cambridge (UK) Advanced Diploma
    in ICT. Employers look at the overall package not just one qualification
    but having the latest qualification available does not hurt
    KDHAKL, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Guest

    andreoutlaw Guest

    It depends on where you are, what company your working for, how much
    experience you have, and how you interview. The last interview I had (over 6
    years ago now) I just had the feeling that I gave a great interview. Later
    that day I received a call from the company I interviewed for and was told
    that I was hired. This was for regular desktop support. I was told that I
    would be hired on at $20.00 hr. About an hour later I received another call
    from them. I thought to myself "wow, fired already, this must be a record".
    But they called to say that they made a mistake and that I should be making
    $25.00 hr. I had 3 years previous experience working a help desk at a small
    computer company and another 10 years just messing around with computers all
    the way back to the C64 days and running my own BBS for a couple years. But
    there were more then a few companies before this one that felt that the
    interview was over after they asked what I was making now and I told them
    30k a year. Now 6 years later there are still a truckload of companies that
    want to pay 7-15 an hour and very few that will pay 20+ for experienced
    help.
    On a side note. The computer company that I was working for doing help desk
    calls all day needed a MCP to get a break on the software they bought from
    MS. I guess this is when the first MCP's / MCSE's started walking the earth.
    The highest paid non-senior position paid 30k a year. The owner of the
    company announced that the first person to get certified would make 50k a
    year. They would even pay to take the test. The funny thing is about half a
    dozen people took them up on the offer, myself not included, I don't take
    tests that I can't study for first unless I know the material already and I
    had no idea what the heck NT 4.0 was at the time. None of them passed the
    4.0 exam. They even sent one guy to some seminar and then to take the test.
    Still didn't pass. They ended up hiring a couple guys where they sat in a
    back room and replaced parts from workstations that where sent back to have
    a part replaced. I left soon after that.

    andreoutlaw, Feb 26, 2004