    through TAFE.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    mike

    Mike, May 29, 2004

  2. Mike,

    Basically there a many ways to go about this. I would go the cheapest
    route. Buy one of the many study guides out there. You can find most of
    them at Barnes & Nobles. Don't waste your money on expensive classes just
    for the A+ certification. Do the same thing for the Network +.

    Check out www.cramsession.com and www.measureup.com for more information.

    Just remember you can gain these certification just you studying alone
    buying a study guide. I'd go that way, because your still gonna have to
    fork over over $200 for the damn A+ tests.

    Good Luck

    Edward A. Weissbard, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Mike

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in the A+ certification. Could anyone recommend an approach
    > to gaining this qualification.
    >
    > ie, texts, resources, timeframe I should be working to.
    >
    > My hardware knowledge is average but I am currently studying networking
    > through TAFE.
    >
    > Any advice would be appreciated.
    >
    > mike

    Purchase Mike Meyers' book "A+ All-In-One Exam Guide, 5th Edition", and read
    it cover-to-cover, hilighting things you think are most important. Then,
    isolate and examine only the Core parts of the book and study them, take
    practice tests, both online and the ones included with the book. After
    passing that, go back to the OS portion and repeat. I used this one book,
    and maybe one or two online practice tests, and I squeaked by :)

    PlazticSoul, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    thanx for the advice