    books (have 2 sets of MCSE books), along with CBT Nuggets CD's on W2K?

    I know you need to study and get hands on experience with this OS to do well
    on the tests.

    scythe, Nov 20, 2003

  2. scythe

    Emil Guest

    It depends on what you already understand about
    networking. You must be strong with the concepts. It is
    a difficult exam, and many people fail it their first
    time. You need to complete your study of all the core
    exams before losing your $125 on the first exam.

    Your laptop is not enough. You must have two PCs
    connected with a patch cable, one running server and one
    running pro. The exam also requires basic active
    directory knowledge. Also, I would recommend getting one
    wake-on-lan NIC to study for RIS.

    I would say a good year of hands on Win2k is required.

    Emil, Nov 20, 2003

  3. "Emil" <> wrote in message
    > It depends on what you already understand about
    > networking. You must be strong with the concepts. It is
    > a difficult exam, and many people fail it their first
    > time. You need to complete your study of all the core
    > exams before losing your $125 on the first exam.
    >
    > Your laptop is not enough. You must have two PCs
    > connected with a patch cable, one running server and one
    > running pro. The exam also requires basic active
    > directory knowledge. Also, I would recommend getting one
    > wake-on-lan NIC to study for RIS.
    >
    > I would say a good year of hands on Win2k is required.

    Another option if you have any spare dosh is to get a copy of VMWare
    Workstation. Your PC's need to have plenty of RAM though.

    In my home lab I have 3 PC's but with VMWare can have around 8
    seperate nodes running simultaneously. I also use it on my
    instructor's machine in the classroom at work. You can even configure
    virtual shared disks and configure clustering.

    Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf, Nov 24, 2003