    there anywhere on the web that offers good training.
    Cheers
    Mike

    Mike, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Mike

    anonymous Guest

    Is your Mike-rowe-soft spel chekar brokan ?
    I bet you got an F in English class.
    You should really learn how to use it or you will never
    get a better job than McDonalds.

    network
    >tecnicians job. i was wonering what sertifications yee
    >would recommend to start off on (A+, CISCO etc.)i would
    >also be interested in doing some Lotus Notes training.

    Is

    anonymous, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Hi Mike,

    If networking is your line then go for Cisco certifications. These start with associates like CCNA to professionals like CCNP or CCSP and then progress to expert call CCIE.

    If you are interested in the server room, then go for Microsoft certifications. These start with professional like MCP to administrators call MCSA and then progress to engineers call MCSE.

    If programming is what you are after, you can also go for MSFT certifications. These also start with professionals like MCP to apps developers call MCAD and then progress to solutions developers call MCSD. It is worthwhile to go for the MCSD .Net

    If you want programming but more incline to database, then work towards MCDBA after MCP.

    If you want vendor neutral certifications then look towards CompTIA. Entry level tech would go for A+. Entry level network support tech would go for Network+. Entry level server guy would go for Server+. Entry level security guy would go for Security+.

    If you want to specialized in security, then work towards CISSP.

    There are others more specific certifications that is only worth it if you really work with it like Java from Sun, Oracle certifications, IBM certifications, Macromedia certifications etc...

    However since you have completed your degree, you should have made up your mind by now as to which line you want to develop in. No matter what certifications you have set your eyes on, if you have the opportunity, go for a specialized master. It is easier to move up the corporate leader with a master then countless certifications.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jul 22, 2004
  4. What a bigot, English may not be his first language, spell checker or not it’s difficult to correct when you don’t know what is right. Also a bit pedantic as it is only a bloody news group not a job app’, fool!

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5vbg==?=, Jul 23, 2004
  5. The only thing lamer than a spelling flame is someone who flames someone for
    posting a spelling flame. Unless of course you count people like me, who
    flame the person who flames the person who posted the spelling flame.
    Top-posters suck, too.

    --
    Fris "If you can see this, you're posting too close!" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Utf-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE?=, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Mike

    annonymous Guest

    What certifications do you have bobby?

    annonymous, Jul 26, 2004
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thanks for all the info, Bobby. Sorry about all the
    spelling mistakes, English is only my second language.
    Thanks again.

    Mike, Jul 26, 2004