    any opinion will be of great help

    Thanks in advance
    KC

    KC, Nov 28, 2003

  2. KC

    Ben Khosro Guest

    Just jump right in to .NET

    As far as supporting VB 6.0 projects are concerned, well
    you need to know enough to provide support.

    But you don't have to be a master in VB 6.0 in order to
    undrestand VB.NET (they really have nothing to do with
    each other per se)

    Hope this helped.

    Ben

    with
    >visual basic 6 (very few) so im in a dilema, should i try
    >to master visual basic 6 since there still are
    >applications i might encounter to give support, or just

    go

    Ben Khosro, Nov 28, 2003

  3. KC

    Guest Guest

    You dont need to know VB 6 to do .NET

    They are very different.

    If you are maintaining VB6 components in .NET you would
    need to know how they work together.

    Guest, Nov 29, 2003
  4. KC

    Ramon Guest

    You should definitely learn .Net instead of try to go
    deep in VB 6.
    The first book I used for .Net was "Programming
    Microsoft .Net" by Jeff Prosise, ISBN 0735613761, it's a
    very good book to understand programming the .Net way,
    it's based in Framework 1.0 (there was no Framework 1.1
    when I bought the book), but it will work for what you
    need.
    You can choose 2 paths: VB.Net or C#. In this book by
    Prosise all examples are in C#, so if you choose VB.Net
    maybe another book will work better.
    I started .Net with no VB 6 experience and 2 years ASP
    experience.
    Good luck.

    Ramon

    Ramon, Nov 29, 2003