    Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?

    If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?

    TIA
    wps, Nov 11, 2004

  2. wps wrote:
    > I've been trying out various themes for FF 1.0. I picked one (can't
    > remember which one it was) and now when I try to start FF I get a poupup
    > window that says:
    >
    > "Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser"
    >
    > Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?
    >
    > If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?
    >
    > TIA

    You've got an incompatible theme. Easist way out is to go to your
    profile folder and rename your chrome folder. Then restart FF. You will
    have to reinstall your themes and extensions.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 12, 2004

  3. wps

    wps Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > wps wrote:
    >> I've been trying out various themes for FF 1.0. I picked one (can't
    >> remember which one it was) and now when I try to start FF I get a
    >> poupup window that says:
    >>
    >> "Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser"
    >>
    >> Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?
    >>
    >> If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > You've got an incompatible theme. Easist way out is to go to your
    > profile folder and rename your chrome folder. Then restart FF. You
    > will have to reinstall your themes and extensions.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks. That did it.
    wps, Nov 12, 2004
  4. wps

    mike555 Guest

    wps <> wrote in message news:<Xns959EBDC8871E3myport2000yahoocom@207.217.125.201>...
    > I've been trying out various themes for FF 1.0. I picked one (can't
    > remember which one it was) and now when I try to start FF I get a poupup
    > window that says:
    >
    > "Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser"
    >
    > Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?
    >
    > If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?
    >
    > TIA

    ======= If you uninstall you shouldn't loose any bookmarks, etc, but
    you will still have the problem,because the themes are not uninstalled
    (they are in your profile folder)........ it's best to start in safe
    mode, (the short cut to click on should be in your start programs
    list) , then uninstall the offending theme and restart.. =====
    mike555, Nov 12, 2004