    Keep it simple please,
    Cheers
    Alyn
    =?Utf-8?B?QWx5bg==?=, Mar 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWx5bg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Alyn wrote:

    > Hi, as the above suggests i am starting out on the "Networking road"
    > and i have a few questions,
    > I, have wirlessly set up my lap top and desk top pc using a linksys
    > router. now i can access the net on both pc's.
    > How do i now set up the system to allow me to file share between both
    > pc's and enable the lap top to print using my desk top's printer? I
    > have WEP set up on both computers.
    > Keep it simple please,
    > Cheers
    > Alyn

    You should be able to access the Internet now on both computers. To set
    up your home network, run the Network Setup Wizard on both computers,
    making sure to enable File & Printer Sharing, and reboot. The only
    "gotcha" is that this will turn on the XPSP2 Windows Firewall. If you
    aren't running a third-party firewall or have an antivirus with
    "Internet Worm Protection" (like Norton 2005/06) which acts as a
    firewall, then you're fine. If you have third-party firewall software,
    configure it to allow the Local Area Network traffic as trusted. I
    usually do this with my firewalls with an IP range. Ex. would be
    subnet although this is the default subnet for Linksys routers.

    Shared Documents folder.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell