    fixing other people's.

    Secondly has anyone here completed an MCSA in Belfast and can recommend
    SkillsTrain or any other course partner for that matter?

    Davie, Oct 25, 2007

  2. While I cannot answer your specific questions about recommending a provider,
    the folks that I personally trust here in the US, New Horizons, do have a
    franchise in Europe providing training services to both Belfast and Dublin.
    You may want to have a look at thier training opportunities.

    As for preparing yourself for the industry, I would really take some time to
    put together some servers and work with them. Install Windows Server 2003
    and Windows XP on a few machines or a few virtual machines and then do common
    administration tasks with them.

    Invest in a couple of MS Press training kit books and go through the
    material with your new machines or virtual machines.

    To get started in IT, employment-wise, dont be afraid to start small.
    Temporary, low paying, or contract work can get you the initial experience
    that you need to build up to better positions as you build your resume and
    gain experience.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    Wayne Anderson, Nov 1, 2007

  3. Davie

    gtagg Guest

    Hi Davie,
    I would like to take this opportunity to introduce New Horizons Belfast to
    you, we offer the full range of Microsoft and Comptia course via mentored
    learn. I would also like to take this opportunity to inviting you to call
    into our centre in Belfast to discuss your training needs with one of our MCT
    who can help plan your future training. You can contact on my e-mail below.
    I look forward to hearing from in the near future.
    Glenn Taggart

    I would like to take this oppertunity to intro

    gtagg, Nov 26, 2007
  4. Davie

    srinu Guest

    getting certificate

    Sir,
    First I have comleted 070-293 exam and I got MCP certificate and after
    that I have completed 070-290,070-291 and 070-270 exams., is I am eligible
    for MCSA certificate, how can I get the certificate.

    srinu, Feb 15, 2008
  5. Davie

    John R Guest

    Re: getting certificate

    "srinu" <> wrote in message
    > Sir,
    > First I have comleted 070-293 exam and I got MCP certificate and after
    > that I have completed 070-290,070-291 and 070-270 exams., is I am eligible
    > for MCSA certificate, how can I get the certificate.

    While I commend you on passing 290, 291, 293, and 270, unfortunately this
    will not qualify you for MCSA 2003. 290, 291, and 270 apply to that
    certification, however 293 does not. To receive MCSA, you need to fulfill
    one elective requirement. You can see the requirements here...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

    293 does however count towards the MCSE 2003 track. Together with what you
    have, you will need 294, a design elective (297 or 298 preferred), and your
    MCSA elective. Should you pass those three elements you will complete MCSE
    2003.

    Good luck to you.

    John R

    John R, Feb 15, 2008