  1. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    Is it possible to start Firefox with a few emty tabs?

    Cogito, May 18, 2005

  2. Cogito

    Z Guest

    Cogito wrote:
    > Is it possible to start Firefox with a few emty tabs?

    Setup FF the way you want it.

    Tools > Options > General > Use Current Pages

    Better?

    Z, May 18, 2005

  3. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:13:39 -0700, Z <> wrote:

    >Cogito wrote:
    >> Is it possible to start Firefox with a few emty tabs?

    >Setup FF the way you want it.
    >
    >Tools > Options > General > Use Current Pages
    >
    >Better?

    I don't follow it. This only sets my home page not the number of tabs.
    Did I miss something?

    Cogito, May 18, 2005
  4. Cogito

    Roland Guest

    On 18-5-2005 9:31, Cogito wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:13:39 -0700, Z <> wrote:
    >

    >>Cogito wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is it possible to start Firefox with a few emty tabs?

    >>Setup FF the way you want it.
    >>
    >>Tools > Options > General > Use Current Pages
    >>
    >>Better?

    > I don't follow it. This only sets my home page not the number of tabs.
    > Did I miss something?

    Possibly... Do you want multiple (empty) pages as your home page (which
    then open in tabs)? Or do you want to start Firefox to open a specific
    URLs in tabs from the commandline?

    For the first, open all the pages you want in a tab (type about:blank in
    the addressbar to get an empty tab), and use Tools > Options > General >
    Use Current Pages to set them as home page.

    To start Firefox with multiple URLs from the commandline use something like:
    firefox "http://www.mozilla.org|about:blank|http://cnn.com"
    I.e. you have to separate each URL by |.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, May 18, 2005
  5. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 10:28:45 +0200, Roland <> wrote:

    >On 18-5-2005 9:31, Cogito wrote:

    >>>Setup FF the way you want it.
    >>>
    >>>Tools > Options > General > Use Current Pages
    >>>
    >>>Better?

    >> I don't follow it. This only sets my home page not the number of tabs.
    >> Did I miss something?

    >Possibly... Do you want multiple (empty) pages as your home page (which
    >then open in tabs)? Or do you want to start Firefox to open a specific
    >URLs in tabs from the commandline?
    >
    >For the first, open all the pages you want in a tab (type about:blank in
    >the addressbar to get an empty tab), and use Tools > Options > General >
    >Use Current Pages to set them as home page.
    >
    >To start Firefox with multiple URLs from the commandline use something like:
    > firefox "http://www.mozilla.org|about:blank|http://cnn.com"
    >I.e. you have to separate each URL by |.

    Wow, Firefox is smart. This is awesome.
    I did not realise that the home page that I save can consist of
    several tabs each pointing to a different url. I'm still under the IE
    paradigm :)

    Thank you very much.

    Cogito, May 18, 2005