Startel.pt - Update?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Can any provide any update on Startel.pt?

    I have done a little further recent web research but first hand reports are
    always good.

    Recent events appear to be:

    1) vip.startel.pt and sip.startel.pt are frequently down (right now for
    instance - 29 March 2007)

    2) You are not informed about the "PayPal Fee" (3.4% + ?0.35) prior to
    paying.

    3) StarTel have errors in their number series, rating some landline calls as
    mobile calls.

    4) Rates are frequently changed: no free landline calls to Australia,
    Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and USA since this weekend.

    Can anyone confirm or deny. Key issues is uptime! Followed by destination
    removal as I asked repeatedly about this and was told this is not going to
    happen / not the case (that they will or do remove destinations or change
    destinations).

    Look forwards to hearing from any and all.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Apr 4, 2007

  2. News Reader

    Jono Guest

    News Reader formulated the question :
    > Hi,
    >

    > Can any provide any update on Startel.pt?
    >
    > I have done a little further recent web research but first hand reports are
    > always good.
    >
    > Recent events appear to be:
    >
    > 1) vip.startel.pt and sip.startel.pt are frequently down (right now for
    > instance - 29 March 2007)
    >
    > 2) You are not informed about the "PayPal Fee" (3.4% + ?0.35) prior to
    > paying.
    >
    > 3) StarTel have errors in their number series, rating some landline calls as
    > mobile calls.
    >
    > 4) Rates are frequently changed: no free landline calls to Australia,
    > Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and USA since this weekend.
    >

    > Can anyone confirm or deny. Key issues is uptime! Followed by destination
    > removal as I asked repeatedly about this and was told this is not going to
    > happen / not the case (that they will or do remove destinations or change
    > destinations).
    >

    > Look forwards to hearing from any and all.

    united kingdom (landline) 0
    United Kingdom (cell phone) 0,254
    united kingdom [0845 rate] 0,3

    What are the rest of their UK rates?

    0845 @ 30 cents is a bit steep.

    Where do you dig all these suppliers up from?
    Jono, Apr 4, 2007

  3. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > News Reader formulated the question :
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> Can any provide any update on Startel.pt?
    >>
    >> I have done a little further recent web research but first hand reports
    >> are always good.
    >>
    >> Recent events appear to be:
    >>
    >> 1) vip.startel.pt and sip.startel.pt are frequently down (right now for
    >> instance - 29 March 2007)
    >>
    >> 2) You are not informed about the "PayPal Fee" (3.4% + ?0.35) prior to
    >> paying.
    >>
    >> 3) StarTel have errors in their number series, rating some landline calls
    >> as mobile calls.
    >>
    >> 4) Rates are frequently changed: no free landline calls to Australia,
    >> Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and USA since this weekend.
    >>

    >> Can anyone confirm or deny. Key issues is uptime! Followed by destination
    >> removal as I asked repeatedly about this and was told this is not going
    >> to happen / not the case (that they will or do remove destinations or
    >> change destinations).
    >>

    >> Look forwards to hearing from any and all.

    > united kingdom (landline) 0
    > United Kingdom (cell phone) 0,254
    > united kingdom [0845 rate] 0,3
    >
    > What are the rest of their UK rates?
    >
    > 0845 @ 30 cents is a bit steep.
    >
    > Where do you dig all these suppliers up from?

    ;)
    News Reader, Apr 4, 2007