    can this be corrected?

    --
    Bigbri

    Bigbri, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Bigbri

    Gazwad Guest

    "Bigbri" <zz@overthere.>, the derelict shopping-bag man and destitute
    gentleman slut who likes hostile bone jumping with sloths, and whose
    partner is a woman of the town with a threadbare poontang pie, wrote in
    <aToAf.17454$>:
    > I recently used Norton go-back to get rid of a problem possibly a
    > virus. since this operation when starting my computer the stat up
    > hangs for up to 2mins and among many other things buses etc it states
    > S.M.A.R.T.is disabled can this be corrected?

    Uninstall go-back and anything else it was packaged up with.
    Reinstall the system from scratch and then install a proper and decent set
    of antivirus, antispyware, firewall if needed etc.

    As to S.M.A.R.T. being disabled you'll want to enable it in your BIOS. Also
    make sure it's turned on for the particular hard drive you have if it's
    supported. Otherwise leave well alone.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Bigbri

    Plato Guest

    Bigbri wrote:

    > I recently used Norton go-back to get rid of a problem possibly a virus.
    > since this operation when starting my computer the stat up hangs for up to
    > 2mins and among many other things buses etc it states S.M.A.R.T.is disabled
    > can this be corrected?

    Remove Nortons goback asap.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/