    How do I start win xp.corp in Dos mode.Is it possible at all?
    thank's in advance
    al

    al, Sep 30, 2003

  2. al wrote:

    > How do I start win xp.corp in Dos mode.Is it possible at all?
    > thank's in advance
    > al

    Create an MS-DOS startup disk, allowing you to boot into DOS:

    1. Insert a floppy disk into your computer's floppy drive.
    2. Open My Computer, and then right-click the floppy disk drive.
    3. Click Format.
    4. Under Format options, click Create an MS-DOS startup disk check box.
    5. Click Start.

    Creating an MS-DOS startup disk erases all information on the floppy disk.

    To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
    The MS-DOS startup disk only allows the system to boot into an MS-DOS
    prompt. The disk contains no additional tools.

    SirOsisOfThuliver, Sep 30, 2003

  3. al

    philo Guest

    "al" <> wrote in message
    > How do I start win xp.corp in Dos mode.Is it possible at all?
    > thank's in advance
    > al

    you cannot run any NT based OS in dos if it's on an NTFS partition

    if fat32 you may use a win9x boot disk

    philo, Oct 1, 2003