    that starts automatically? Where do I find it and can I stop programs using
    it?

    Beth

    Beth Mitchell, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Beth Mitchell

    Richard Guest

    Beth Mitchell wrote:
    > I have some programs that are coming up whenever I start up my
    > machine. They are not pop ups. More like programs that someone said
    > yes to when downloading something else. Is there a startup file that
    > lists everything that starts automatically? Where do I find it and
    > can I stop programs using it?

    Hi Beth

    Start reading here:
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm

    Richard, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Beth Mitchell

    °Mike° Guest

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Control Panel
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:48:33 -0400, in
    <>
    Beth Mitchell scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Beth Mitchell

    Alan Guest

    two places u can check are in your startup group (found in all programs -
    startup) and in the system itself. u do this by typing msconfig at a
    command prompt (or in the run dialog). goto the 'startup' tab and you'll
    find a list of the programs that are loaded at startup, and u can stop the
    program from loading up if u wish by deselecting it. to check what the
    program does u can check out the links listed in the other replies

    alan

    Alan, Sep 26, 2003