    How do I keep a program from starting when windows starts in XP home
    addition?
    L.D.

    L.D., Jun 5, 2007

  2. L.D.

    Richard Guest

    "L.D." <> wrote in message
    news:Luh9i.16057$...
    > How do I keep a program from starting when windows starts in XP home
    > addition?
    > L.D

    Changing Options/Preferences in the program, deleting shortcup from start
    folder or removing run key in registry. What program?.

    Richard, Jun 5, 2007

  3. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > "L.D." <> wrote in message
    >> How do I keep a program from starting when windows starts in XP home
    >> addition?
    >> L.D

    > Changing Options/Preferences in the program, deleting shortcup from start
    > folder or removing run key in registry. What program?.

    OK, I just installed a usb wireless adapter and I can't configure and
    run it with the utility that came in the software disk. There is an
    option in windows to do that and it worked. Only thing is every time I
    start the computer this software utility comes up and I have to exit it
    and go into network properties and tick to let windows do it. I thought
    if I could keep this from starting, then it wouldn't take control and
    let windows do it. I removed the program but that removed everything and
    I had to reinstall.
    L.D.

    L.D., Jun 5, 2007
  4. L.D.

    Hal Clark Guest

    Go to http://www.daesoft.com/ and download StartPro

    Hal Clark, Jun 6, 2007
  5. L.D.

    Guest

    "L.D." <> wrote:

    >Richard wrote:
    >> "L.D." <> wrote in message
    >>> How do I keep a program from starting when windows starts in XP home
    >>> addition?
    >>> L.D

    >> Changing Options/Preferences in the program, deleting shortcup from start
    >> folder or removing run key in registry. What program?.
    >>

    >OK, I just installed a usb wireless adapter and I can't configure and
    >run it with the utility that came in the software disk. There is an
    >option in windows to do that and it worked. Only thing is every time I
    >start the computer this software utility comes up and I have to exit it
    >and go into network properties and tick to let windows do it. I thought
    >if I could keep this from starting, then it wouldn't take control and
    >let windows do it. I removed the program but that removed everything and
    >I had to reinstall.
    >L.D.

    autoruns
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Autoruns.mspx