    Running: OS W98SE/200MMX processor/64Mb SDRAM memory/8.4GB hard drive/56k
    modem/Turnpike 6.02S mail-news reader

    [Replace nospam with ollis to reply]
    Will Gortoa, Nov 21, 2004

  2. Will Gortoa

    Will Gortoa Guest

    In article <>, Will Gortoa
    <|||TheHipBlueBirdHouse|||@nospam.demon.co.uk>

    >Is the best way to install the browser at start-up option now best done
    >by a reinstall and selecting that option? Thanks. :)

    Actually, that probably doesn't read too well. I was thinking I'd
    bypassed a Quick Launch facility [as utilised in Netscape 7.0] on the
    custom install, but it appears not to be the case. Unless I've still
    missed something?

    Firefox takes the best part of a minute to load on this machine! [NS
    also took some time to load, but the Quick Launch facility reduced that
    considerably, down to less than a bearable 10-15 seconds.]

    --
    Will Gortoa

    Will Gortoa, Nov 21, 2004

  3. Will Gortoa wrote:
    > In article <>, Will Gortoa
    > <|||TheHipBlueBirdHouse|||@nospam.demon.co.uk>
    >
    >> Is the best way to install the browser at start-up option now best
    >> done by a reinstall and selecting that option? Thanks. :)

    > Actually, that probably doesn't read too well. I was thinking I'd
    > bypassed a Quick Launch facility [as utilised in Netscape 7.0] on the
    > custom install, but it appears not to be the case. Unless I've still
    > missed something?
    >
    > Firefox takes the best part of a minute to load on this machine! [NS
    > also took some time to load, but the Quick Launch facility reduced that
    > considerably, down to less than a bearable 10-15 seconds.]

    There is no Quick Launch in Firefox.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 21, 2004
  4. Will Gortoa

    Will Gortoa Guest

    In article <tr6od.949355$>,
    Leonidas Jones <>

    >Will Gortoa wrote:
    >> In article <>, Will Gortoa
    >><|||TheHipBlueBirdHouse|||@nospam.demon.co.uk>
    >>
    >>> Is the best way to install the browser at start-up option now best
    >>>done by a reinstall and selecting that option? Thanks. :)

    >> Actually, that probably doesn't read too well. I was thinking I'd
    >>bypassed a Quick Launch facility [as utilised in Netscape 7.0] on the
    >>custom install, but it appears not to be the case. Unless I've still
    >>missed something?
    >> Firefox takes the best part of a minute to load on this machine! [NS
    >>also took some time to load, but the Quick Launch facility reduced
    >>that considerably, down to less than a bearable 10-15 seconds.]
    >>

    >There is no Quick Launch in Firefox.

    Shame.

    --
    Will Gortoa