    128mb Graphics Card

    Many thanks in advance

    Jamie H
    Jamie Harvey, Nov 26, 2008

  2. Jamie Harvey

    Walter Guest

    Jamie Harvey wrote:

    > Afternoon all,
    >
    > My machine is not starting up and I'm not sure what to do...
    >
    > I can turn the pc on, the hard drive is going and all the fans are
    > running, but it won't boot into start up, an anyone offer any advise?
    >
    > I am running:
    >
    > Win Vista Home Premuim
    > x64 Duo Core
    > 2gb Ram
    > 400gb HD
    > 128mb Graphics Card

    Anything on the display at all? Do you hear any beeps on POST (Power On
    Self Test)?

    If so, try here: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
    Walter, Nov 26, 2008

  3. Jamie Harvey

    Jamie Harvey Guest

    "Walter" <> wrote in message
    > Jamie Harvey wrote:
    >
    >> Afternoon all,
    >>
    >> My machine is not starting up and I'm not sure what to do...
    >>
    >> I can turn the pc on, the hard drive is going and all the fans are
    >> running, but it won't boot into start up, an anyone offer any advise?
    >>
    >> I am running:
    >>
    >> Win Vista Home Premuim
    >> x64 Duo Core
    >> 2gb Ram
    >> 400gb HD
    >> 128mb Graphics Card

    > Anything on the display at all? Do you hear any beeps on POST (Power On
    > Self Test)?
    >
    > If so, try here: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

    Hi Water,

    no there's no beeps at all. The powers etc on and working and the HD
    indicators light up. The monitor comes off standby and then goes 'To Sleep'

    Many thanks

    Jamie
    Jamie Harvey, Nov 26, 2008
  4. Jamie Harvey

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:20:07 -0000, "Jamie Harvey"
    <> wrote:

    >"Walter" <> wrote in message
    >> Jamie Harvey wrote:
    >>
    >>> Afternoon all,
    >>>
    >>> My machine is not starting up and I'm not sure what to do...
    >>>
    >>> I can turn the pc on, the hard drive is going and all the fans are
    >>> running, but it won't boot into start up, an anyone offer any advise?
    >>>
    >>> I am running:
    >>>
    >>> Win Vista Home Premuim
    >>> x64 Duo Core
    >>> 2gb Ram
    >>> 400gb HD
    >>> 128mb Graphics Card

    >> Anything on the display at all? Do you hear any beeps on POST (Power On
    >> Self Test)?
    >>
    >> If so, try here: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

    >Hi Water,
    >
    >no there's no beeps at all. The powers etc on and working and the HD
    >indicators light up. The monitor comes off standby and then goes 'To Sleep'
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Jamie

    You should try entering bios on boot and turn off "hibernate".
    You might also try pressing the power button. This "should" take it
    off "sleep" and bring up a window that says "resuming windows".

    Then when you're back in business, go into power management and turn
    off hibernate and sleep modes.

    Also try entering "safe mode" on startup.
    richard, Nov 26, 2008
  5. Jamie Harvey

    Jamie Harvey Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:20:07 -0000, "Jamie Harvey"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Walter" <> wrote in message

    >>> Anything on the display at all? Do you hear any beeps on POST (Power On
    >>> Self Test)?
    >>>
    >>> If so, try here: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

    >>Hi Water,
    >>
    >>no there's no beeps at all. The powers etc on and working and the HD
    >>indicators light up. The monitor comes off standby and then goes 'To
    >>Sleep'
    >>
    >>Many thanks
    >>
    >>Jamie
    >>

    > You should try entering bios on boot and turn off "hibernate".
    > You might also try pressing the power button. This "should" take it
    > off "sleep" and bring up a window that says "resuming windows".
    >
    > Then when you're back in business, go into power management and turn
    > off hibernate and sleep modes.
    >
    > Also try entering "safe mode" on startup.

    Hi Richard,

    After a quick chat with hp helpdesk, my pc nearl worked... !

    Now it just beeps, one short a short break then a log one....

    i am trying to get it into boot but nothing.... i'm getting ready to set
    fire to it :)

    Jamie
    Jamie Harvey, Nov 26, 2008
  6. Jamie Harvey

    Walter Guest

    Jamie Harvey wrote:

    > "richard" <> wrote in message

    >> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:20:07 -0000, "Jamie Harvey"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Walter" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi Water,
    >>>
    >>> no there's no beeps at all. The powers etc on and working and the
    >>> HD indicators light up. The monitor comes off standby and then
    >>> goes 'To Sleep'
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>
    >>> Jamie
    >>>

    >> You should try entering bios on boot and turn off "hibernate".
    >> You might also try pressing the power button. This "should" take it
    >> off "sleep" and bring up a window that says "resuming windows".
    >>
    >> Then when you're back in business, go into power management and turn
    >> off hibernate and sleep modes.
    >>
    >> Also try entering "safe mode" on startup.
    >>

    > Hi Richard,
    >
    > After a quick chat with hp helpdesk, my pc nearl worked... !
    >
    > Now it just beeps, one short a short break then a log one....
    >
    > i am trying to get it into boot but nothing.... i'm getting ready to
    > set fire to it :)

    I didn't look very hard, but on a quick search I could find no reference
    code for One short, One Long, beep. Any chance you wrote that backwards and
    it's really; One Long, followed by one short beep? If so, you might as well
    light it on fire if you're not inclined to make a major repair One long,
    followed by one short beep, generally indicates a MoBo failure.
    Walter, Nov 26, 2008
  7. Jamie Harvey

    John Holmes Guest

    Jamie Harvey "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Afternoon all,
    >
    > My machine is not starting up and I'm not sure what to do...
    >
    > I can turn the pc on, the hard drive is going and all the fans are
    > running, but it won't boot into start up, an anyone offer any advise?
    >
    > I am running:
    >
    > Win Vista Home Premuim
    > x64 Duo Core
    > 2gb Ram
    > 400gb HD
    > 128mb Graphics Card
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Jamie H

    Ignore those idiots who replied so far. They all didn't ask you about
    your computer, so yet I'm here to take that job.

    <Q> What brand and model is your computer?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Nov 26, 2008
  8. John Holmes wrote:
    > Jamie Harvey "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Afternoon all,
    >>
    >> My machine is not starting up and I'm not sure what to do...
    >>
    >> I can turn the pc on, the hard drive is going and all the fans are
    >> running, but it won't boot into start up, an anyone offer any advise?
    >>
    >> I am running:
    >>
    >> Win Vista Home Premuim
    >> x64 Duo Core
    >> 2gb Ram
    >> 400gb HD
    >> 128mb Graphics Card
    >>
    >> Many thanks in advance
    >>
    >> Jamie H
    >>

    > Ignore those idiots who replied so far. They all didn't ask you about
    > your computer, so yet I'm here to take that job.
    >
    > <Q> What brand and model is your computer?

    Since he contacted HP its *probably* a HP :)

    Too bad he dosent have a spare video card to try...

    Hmmm?
    §ñühw¤£f, Nov 26, 2008
  9. Jamie Harvey

    Jamie Harvey Guest

    "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> Jamie Harvey "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> Afternoon all,
    >>>
    >>> My machine is not starting up and I'm not sure what to do...
    >>>
    >>> I can turn the pc on, the hard drive is going and all the fans are
    >>> running, but it won't boot into start up, an anyone offer any advise?
    >>>
    >>> I am running:
    >>>
    >>> Win Vista Home Premuim
    >>> x64 Duo Core
    >>> 2gb Ram
    >>> 400gb HD
    >>> 128mb Graphics Card
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks in advance
    >>>
    >>> Jamie H
    >>>

    >> Ignore those idiots who replied so far. They all didn't ask you about
    >> your computer, so yet I'm here to take that job.
    >>
    >> <Q> What brand and model is your computer?
    >>

    > Since he contacted HP its *probably* a HP :)
    >
    > Too bad he dosent have a spare video card to try...
    >
    > Hmmm?

    its an HP a6305.uk pavilion

    many thanks

    Jamie H
    Jamie Harvey, Nov 27, 2008
  10. On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:09:32 +0000, Jamie Harvey aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    >> John Holmes wrote:
    >>> Jamie Harvey "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Ignore those idiots who replied so far. They all didn't ask you about
    >>> your computer, so yet I'm here to take that job.
    >>>
    >>> <Q> What brand and model is your computer?
    >>>

    >> Since he contacted HP its *probably* a HP :)
    >>
    >> Too bad he dosent have a spare video card to try...
    >>
    >> Hmmm?

    > its an HP a6305.uk pavilion
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > Jamie H

    Did you change it from vista's regular user interface to the Aero
    interface?
    reading HP's website it says that "some features available in premium
    editions of Windows Vista -- like the new Windows® Aero™ user interface
    require advanced or additional hardware."

    Maybe thats whats doing it?
    Just take it to a shop, mate.
    Unless you are willing to take the case cover off and get your hands dirty :)

    http://www.alternet.org
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 27, 2008
  11. Jamie Harvey

    Jamie Harvey Guest

    "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:09:32 +0000, Jamie Harvey aided th' terraists with
    > the following claims :
    >

    >> "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message

    >>> Since he contacted HP its *probably* a HP :)
    >>>
    >>> Too bad he dosent have a spare video card to try...
    >>>
    >>> Hmmm?

    >> its an HP a6305.uk pavilion
    >>
    >> many thanks
    >>
    >> Jamie H

    > Did you change it from vista's regular user interface to the Aero
    > interface?
    > reading HP's website it says that "some features available in premium
    > editions of Windows Vista -- like the new Windows® AeroT user interface
    > require advanced or additional hardware."
    >
    > Maybe thats whats doing it?
    > Just take it to a shop, mate.
    > Unless you are willing to take the case cover off and get your hands dirty
    > :)
    >

    > --
    > "Those who can make you believe absurdities,
    > can make you commit atrocities" - Voltaire
    > http://www.alternet.org

    its just standard vista,I have mucked about as its still under warranty (3
    months to go)

    Maybe I need to get my fingers into its innards!

    Am just annoyed with the pc bleeping at me and not working... I'm sure I'm
    getting withdrawal :)

    Many thanks all for our help,

    Jamie
    Jamie Harvey, Nov 27, 2008
  12. Jamie Harvey

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Nov 27, 2008
  13. Jamie Harvey

    Jamie Harvey Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > Jamie Harvey wrote:
    >
    >>After a quick chat with hp helpdesk, my pc nearl worked... !
    >>
    >>Now it just beeps, one short a short break then a log one....
    >>
    >>i am trying to get it into boot but nothing.... i'm getting ready to set
    >>fire to it :)

    > See if this helps:
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07107&dlc=en
    >
    > --
    > It takes a big man to cry,
    > but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handey
    >
    > Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

    Many thanks Morgan, I'll start on this today :)

    Jamie H
    Jamie Harvey, Nov 28, 2008