    Windows XP Pro with SP3
    IE6
    Firefox

    Ragnar, Oct 5, 2008

  2. Ragnar

    Chame1eon Guest

    I don't recognize that, but it sounds like malware to me. You might want
    to scan your pc or use something like hijack this spybot search and
    destroy or msconfig to find out what is starting. I wouldn't enable
    active x.

    Chame1eon, Oct 22, 2008

  3. Ragnar

    Chame1eon Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:50:49 -0400, Chame1eon <> wrote:

    > I don't recognize that, but it sounds like malware to me. You might
    > want to scan your pc or use something like hijack this spybot search and
    > destroy or msconfig to find out what is starting. I wouldn't enable
    > active x.
    >
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 04:45:12 -0400, Ragnar <> wrote:
    >
    >> When booting up, shortly after the desktop appears I often get an error
    >> window stating something like 'You can not run ActiveX controls on this
    >> page'. The header is 'Internet Explorer' but IE is apparently not open.
    >> IE
    >> is not my default browser.
    >> I cannot open Task Manager as it is too soon in the boot process and
    >> CTRL-ALT-DELETE does not work at this stage.
    >> Is it something to do with Windows Update (which as we know only works
    >> through IE)?
    >> Would I be wise to enable all ActiveX content on IE and see what
    >> happens?
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> R.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Pro with SP3
    >> IE6
    >> Firefox

    sorry about top posting I'm used to forums and had actually never heard
    the term untill a few minutes ago :)

    Chame1eon, Oct 22, 2008