    Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
    win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
    Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy
    Gimpy, Sep 8, 2006

  2. Gimpy

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:52:32 -0400, "Gimpy" <> wrote:

    >Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
    >win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
    >Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    What is the "Program Tab"?

    Start, Programs? Or something else?
    Evan Platt, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Gimpy

    thanatoid Guest

    "Gimpy" <> wrote in

    > Several programs I have are not listed under the program
    > tab. One of them is win-zip, is there a way to get them
    > listed over there ? Windows XP Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    Start-settings-taskbar-start menu programs-advanced, choose
    where you want the short cut to go, right-click , choose add
    shortcut, etc...
    thanatoid, Sep 8, 2006
  4. Gimpy wrote:

    > Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of
    > them is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ?
    > Windows XP Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    Do you have the setting to hide rarely-used programs turned on?

    In Windows 2000, that is in the right-click Taskbar, choose Properties
    dialog, and it's called "Use Personalized Menus". Uncheck it.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Gimpy

    ProfGene Guest

    Gimpy wrote:
    > Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
    > win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
    > Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
    listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
    the start menu.
    ProfGene, Sep 8, 2006
  6. Gimpy

    Gimpy Guest

    "ProfGene" <> wrote in message
    > Gimpy wrote:
    >> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them
    >> is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP
    >> Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    > If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
    > listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
    > the start menu.

    HOW ??
    Gimpy, Sep 8, 2006
  7. Gimpy

    Guest

    "Gimpy" <> wrote:

    >"ProfGene" <> wrote in message
    >> Gimpy wrote:
    >>> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them
    >>> is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP
    >>> Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    >> If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
    >> listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
    >> the start menu.

    > HOW ??

    RIght Click the START button - Properties - Customize - advanced -
    Open programs and drag -n- drop your programs that you want listed as
    shortcuts

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321
  8. Gimpy

    beenthere Guest

    "Gimpy" <> wrote in message

    > "ProfGene" <> wrote in message
    >> Gimpy wrote:
    >>> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of
    >>> them is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows
    >>> XP Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    >> If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
    >> listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
    >> the start menu.

    > HOW ??

    Rt\click on Winzip, and in the context menu it says
    Pin to Start menu.
    But, if you want it on the Main Program menu, you must create
    a shortcut icon, and put it in the Start menu\programs folder.
    beenthere, Sep 8, 2006
  9. Gimpy

    Gimpy Guest

    Gimpy, Sep 8, 2006
  10. Gimpy

    ProfGene Guest

    Gimpy wrote:
    > Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
    > win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
    > Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

    You can pin them to the start menu using that command in the start menu
    by clicking on start then right clicking and us the pin to start menu
    commmand.
    ProfGene, Sep 24, 2006