    --
    "Okay Scotty, now beam down my clothes."
    www.geocities.com/ldavison10
    Lee Davison, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Lee Davison wrote:

    > Hi,
    > How do I remove (but keep installed) items from the start, programs menu in
    > Win 2K?
    > Thanks
    > Lee

    Highlight them, hit the Del key.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Rôgêr wrote:

    > Lee Davison wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> How do I remove (but keep installed) items from the start, programs
    >> menu in
    >> Win 2K?
    >> Thanks
    >> Lee

    > Highlight them, hit the Del key.

    'scuse me, right click them, then Delete.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Lee Davison

    Lee Davison Guest

    I dont want to delete the folder or its contents, only remove the program
    from view on the programs list. When deleting I get "modifying this folder
    will affect all users who log on to this computer, do you wish to continue?"
    Do I?
    Thanks
    Lee

    Lee Davison, Sep 29, 2004
  5. You won't remove the program folder or files, just the reference to it
    on the Start menu. The warning means that other users of the computer
    will no longer see those icons either.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Lee Davison

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Lee, Roger,

    If you have a lot to delete, you can right-click the Start button, select
    "Explore" and it opens in an Explorer windows. Some things may be installed
    in "All Users", so the same can be done - right-click the Start button, and
    select "Explore All Users".

    And like Roger says, removing the shortcuts from the start menu will not
    delete or damage the functionality of the program in any way (unless you
    forget where it's installed <g>).

    T.T.

    >| You won't remove the program folder or files, just the reference to
    >| it on the Start menu. The warning means that other users of the
    >| computer will no longer see those icons either.
    >|
    >| Lee Davison wrote:
    >| > I dont want to delete the folder or its contents, only remove the
    >| > program from view on the programs list. When deleting I get
    >| > "modifying this folder will affect all users who log on to this
    >| > computer, do you wish to continue?" Do I?
    >| > Thanks
    >| > Lee

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Sep 30, 2004